Featured Royal Dalton in Green .

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kerim, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Kerim

Kerim Member

Picked this up today and thought it really fit the part . Actually I didn't even know Dalton came in this color , but it really stands out in Green and looked pretty old . Was trying to do some research on the maker mark and guess "Watteau" is a line they made . But still couldn't find the marking online to date it. Anyhow, hope you like it, and any further input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again ..Size 8"x 8 " 20240225_181632.jpg 20240225_181645.jpg 20240225_181712.jpg IMG_20240225_184719_(900_x_900_pixel).jpg 20240225_181622.jpg 20240225_181531.jpg

stracci, Aquitaine and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. Kerim

Kerim Member

Debora,
    I appreciate it ! Sometimes auto correct screws me up ...Do you know the age of this ? Thanks !

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not a clue, Kerim, but sure someone else will be able to help.

Debora

5. Poppies

Poppies Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    Figtree3, kentworld, Kerim and 2 others like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yup, early twentieth. Jardinière.

Kerim and Marote like this.
  7. Kerim

Kerim Member

Thanks Poppies , but all those examples are in Blue . Was trying to find some info on the Green color pattern . Was it more limited ? Or rare ? ...At lease I know the ballpark on the date ..:)

Poppies likes this.
  8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it rare, but blue and white combinations were likely most popular. Variations in transfer ware colours included green and brown. Earlier in the 19th c, mulberry was popular, too.

Poppies likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

This says "rare" but could mean less popular and doesn't necessarily mean more valuable.

Debora

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 9.58.03 AM.png

kentworld and Poppies like this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Also from Pinterest...

Debora

bf7cfbbf192830c3664e415aa5ffe616.jpg

Kerim likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Sadly, that star crack will massively diminish its value.

12. Kerim

Kerim Member

20240226_152307.jpg
    Saw that. At least it's not on the other side of it.

13. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

What a pity it's cracked on the bottom! A jardiniere needs to be able to hold water... have you tested it? Fill it with water and place it on a towel for 24 hours, see if the towel gets damp.
    I have a vintage English pottery vase with what I thought was a little insignificant cracking on the bottom. I found out it wasn't so insignificant when I put water and flowers in it... very slow leakage and water on the table.
    Lovely piece!

14. Kerim

Kerim Member

I'll try It out tonight. Thanks for the tip !

bluumz likes this.
  15. Ownedbybear

If you want to use it, you could put a plastic saucer inside, or a piece of thick plastic. Or even varnish it inside.

Poppies, bluumz and Kerim like this.
  16. Kerim

Kerim Member

Put water inside with paper towel underneath last night . Waited till 10am no water at all on the paper towel . Happy with that at least ..

bluumz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted