Royal Swan China : Help With Pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bill Giles, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Bill Giles

Bill Giles Member

I have recently been fortunate to come into possession of a large Royal Swan dinner service. The only problem after searching Internet, eBay, Etsy and Replacements, I am unable to determine the pattern itself of the dinner service. I know that it is quite old which may explain why I have been unsuccessful to date. Any help or directions to where I might find the answer would be greatly appreciated. Royal Swan Plate-1.jpg Royal Swan Plate-1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Figtree3, Bakersgma and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Originally Booths, Then Booth and Colcloughs LTD.
    In 1955 became Ridgeway pottery. Royal Swan is one of the stamps used by Ridgeway

4. Bill Giles

Bill Giles Member

Thanks for the information. Still having problems to find the pattern, although if Rudgeway is still operating, may try and contact them direct for assistance.

5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Ridgway, not Ridgeway.
    Very few Royal Swan patterns actually have a name.
    Probably 1950s/60s and unfortunately doesn't have much value.
    I found once reference that lists Royal Swan as 1950-1974, don't know if that's true.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I don't suppose the partly obliterated stamp on the back means anything useful for the query? I can't read it but seems to be
    _R__AND

7. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I think it's ENGLAND 226.

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Okay, thought I saw an R in there but can see that it could also be an N. :)

9. Bill Giles

Bill Giles Member

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I checked the back of several saucers, plates etc. and they all have different numbers on the back, so do not think that is any indication of the pattern.

Figtree3 and bluumz like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted