Royal Vienna..Germany w/ red crown. Vintage, or repo?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Charlotte65, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Charlotte65

Charlotte65 New Member

A relative is offloading things and gave me a box containing this small decorative item. The bottom is stamped Royal Vienna Germany with a red crown. I looked on a couple of Web sites and cannot tell if it is authentic or some later reproduction. The crown has the points on the baubles, and I found this mark on a Web site talking about RS PRussia, but I am in the dark about this. I don't expect it to be super-valuable or anything, just wondering if it is true vintage, or just some lower-priced souvenir she picked up in a gift shop on a trip (she can't remember where she got it). Thanks from this newbie for your help.

Attached Files:

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Charlotte!

Welcome to Antiquers..........:cat:

It looks right to me, but wait for other opinions.

3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I do not think this is the "real" Royal Vienna normally marked with a beehive.

I do think that this is imported from Germany, time period around 1900 give or take a few years. Art Nouveau style portrait vase.

Notice it is marked over glaze with country of origin. So after 1891.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted