Royal Vienna?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KRD, Jan 20, 2024.

1. KRD

KRD New Member

RV1.jpg RV2.jpg RV3.jpg RV4.jpg Can anyone advise if this is Royal Vienna?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2024
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Need to see these images full size. This one looks intriguing.

3. KRD

KRD New Member

Hi and thanks for you response. Unfortunately the system will not let me upload the full size images

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I've corrected pics. Now in Full Size.

komokwa likes this.
  5. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

The mark appears to be underglaze which Is a good start. A lot of fakes just have an overglaze mark. I guess the real test would be in the quality of the picture on the face of it? If it is hand painted and not transfer, then it is likely to be the real thing. Hard to tell from the photos as they are a little muddy.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I won't hazard a guess except to say that the bildensheild (beehive mark) is one of the most copied/imitated/faked around. This style of cabinet plate was very popular late 19th into the early 20thc. If you can find some images of genuine Royal Vienna plates and mark that would go a long way to identifying it. Sending pix to an auction house might elicit some replies.

Figtree3 and Chinoiserie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted