RPPC #1 - c.1910-1930 Girl dancer?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by bercrystal, Jan 12, 2015.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This postcard dates c.1910 - 1930 by the stamp box. The photography studio is The Goodman Studio 2945 3rd Ave. Bronx, NY.
    Any additional information will be gladly accepted. :happy:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss:

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. milestoneks

milestoneks Active Member

she could be doing many things. Perhaps posing prior to the school play or a recital.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Probably a vaudeville performer; those look like tap shoes.

4. bercrystal

I was thinking vaudeville also. I believe I got all 3 of these RPPCs in the same lot, but it has been so long ago who knows.

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Nice -- it's really hard to say much more about her. I don't suppose there is any light pencil writing, or erased writing, on the back? Maybe not, but it's worth looking under a strong light.

6. bercrystal

Nothing on the back.

I just realized though that the wrist bands she is wearing are connected to the ribbons coming from her head dress. I thought they were connected to her dress. :confused:

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess late teens to early 1920s for a date. My grandmother was married in 1921 and did her hair the same way or close to it. The top of the dress is right for early 20s too. The waist on the dress hasn't dropped yet and her hair isn't bobbed. That puts her a littler earlier in the timeline rather than later.

Draft saved Draft deleted