Featured Rudolph Valentino scrapbook - no luck finding one to compare

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I found one example being sold in an auction with a starting bid of 200 Euro. President of a fan club overseas had it. My aunt was a huge Valentino fan and created this scrapbook. Is anyone still interested in him? Many similar pages and some images aren't glued in.
    IMG_4603.JPG IMG_4596.JPG IMG_4603.JPG IMG_4610.JPG IMG_4616.JPG

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Anyone under 60 probably wouldnt recognize the name. The younger set arent even interested in what happened 20 years ago.My 25 year old niece didnt know who Pat Benatar was !

3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Johnny,
    How true!!! My 15 year old nephew has no idea who Bruce Springsteen is.
    greg

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I saw Dave Davies in concert in Provincetown a month ago. It's great to be able to go to a show like that, but kind of sad that a lot of those performers are now touring in the smaller venues that they started in.

KingofThings and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Hey, it's worth a shot. I'll send a couple of photos and see if there's any interest. Thanks!!

KingofThings likes this.
  7. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

A friend of mine in Vegas, long ago, owned the house that Rudi rented from his family on Gould Place which is named for the family. Too bad he died at 41. Maybe I could've met him. :(

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Bev, looks like you have finally been digging into the boxes you have had in the attic :)

9. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Oh, you know I have a gazillion left. I figure it will entertain my kids when I'm gone!

KingofThings, Aquitaine and Figtree3 like this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I've only got nieces and nephews to go through the stuff.....not sure if some of it will entertain them or they'll dumpsterize it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:D:hilarious::joyful::banhappy::banghead::cool::cool::cool:

11. Bev aka thelmasstuff

At least I've photographed the better items and left the photos with a list of details on each piece in our safe deposit box. They grew up with antiques so they know enough to check it out.

Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted