Featured Russian? Small Oil landscape on mounted board

Discussion in 'Art' started by laura9797, Dec 28, 2018.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I love small paintings. I have tried to decipher the writing and am not sure if the painting is Russian? I have googled Tulupov and Tulupou and am at a loss. Any thoughts? Thanks for looking! littlepainting7.jpeg littlepainting4.jpeg littlepainting5.jpeg

2. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. laura9797

Thank you. I don't know how I missed this in my google search? I kept coming up with the hockey player! I have contacted the gallery for more information.

5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I thought I searched on "artist tulopov" but that wasn't it because when I tried to verify, this page came up (which I had not seen before): http://www.garrengallery.com/artists/tulopov-nikolai-i-artist208/

No bio info, but a pic of artist with same name. Not sure what I searched on the first time. :bucktooth:

Edit: oh I see, I spelled it incorrectly just now!

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The writing under the artist's name means "without title" (i.e., untitled) and "without date" (or, undated). The line with the numbers probably includes its measurements.

7. Figtree3

Found several artists with the surname, and you picked the right one! I'm going to guess that the info under that link was at least partly provided by the unnamed former model who is mentioned as inheriting his works. Whichever gallery employee put this online misspelled the artist's last name some of the time. It was Tulupov, not Tupulov.

8. April07

April07 Well-Known Member

9. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Nothing on askart - either spelling...

Beautiful painting, @laura9797!

Christmasjoy, judy and i need help like this.
  10. laura9797

Yes I have an account on askart and it was the first place I checked. I am waiting to hear back from Lynn Cline with the LPCline Gallery. Was curious as to their gallery price. I got the little painting for $35. I knew I did good and was pretty sure it was Russian. I really appreciate the sharing of knowledge! If anyone ever needs any auction comps for askart, feel free to ask!

antidiem, judy, Christmasjoy and 5 others like this.
  11. Figtree3

That's a very kind offer, @laura9797 -- I'm sure some of the members here will be happy to find some prices from askart!

antidiem, scoutshouse, judy and 2 others like this.
  12. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Birthday today, son taking me out to lunch .. Joy. :)

13. judy

judy Well-Known Member

14. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer, @laura9797

I let my subscription lapse and get pretty far without it, but I'll take you up on that offer!

antidiem, laura9797, judy and 2 others like this.
  15. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

@laura9797 , it's a lovely painting. sensitive and dark.

Draft saved Draft deleted