Featured rusty metal glaze on clay

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mario, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Wondering if someone might recognize this process with which these statues were made. Glaze seems to have rust in it. Also, don't they look Egyptianish. Any help would be greatly appreciated. cats5.jpg cats6.jpg cats7.jpg cats8.jpg cats9.jpg cats10.jpg cats11.jpg cats12.jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

No, I have not seen the mold for clay cats like these before. They are very attractive!

Are they clay? Or what?

KSW, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Some type of clay as you'll see in the last pictures. What has me stumped is the glaze. Looks more like metal,

KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Sure does! I'm going to guess that the glaze is a 1980s circa, perhaps someone who's done more ceramics than I ever did, will know..

KSW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted