said to be by Amphora Art but I can't make out whats left of the mark is this by Amphora?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Oct 16, 2022.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

3. sunday silence

yeah that crown was confusing me. would you call the horse section: relief or moriage?

4. janetpjohn

Moriage looks like what you get when you squeeze cake icing out of a tube--a thick line. This is relief.

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Kind of interesting on the bottom!! I enlarged to 2X and tried to clarify what I saw....when what looked like a BIRD with an angled CROSS across it's chest popped out at me???? It's not WELL defined, but, on the right side and I can't figure out what's on the lower section of the so called "bird".......and maybe it's nothing, but I see it!! Maybe just an artist adding their own personal 'touch'??? LOVE the piece!!!!

BOTTOM OF-scale-2_00x.jpg

6. janetpjohn

It may be the word Amphora. Otherwise, a glob.

Aquitaine likes this.
  7. sunday silence

nice photo work Aquitaine.

komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
  8. Aquitaine

OOOH, distinct possibility as well!!!!!!!!!!!:):) GOOD eye on YOU too, @janetpjohn !!!! I did NOT see that possibility before!!

9. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

And...izzit a horse, or a mule? Just askin'...

10. Aquitaine

The ears aren't terribly long, but the overall 'stature' just looks more suitable to a mule, it's wearing what looks like part of a work harness, and his legs are a bit shorter, but then it could be "artistic license" too!!! I'll vote 'mule' IMHO!!! Horses generally have finer lines.....

Draft saved Draft deleted