Featured Same former owner as coral piece, is this amber?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lucille.b, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

Hello Bronwen, In your final sentence, are you suggesting pressed amber can't have a discernible inclusion? If so, it is a good tip to remember. Thanks

KSW, Bronwen and Lucille.b like this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Wait, are you saying that the sentence "Let's go get chocolate." makes no sense? It does to me! :hilarious:;) -- Or maybe you meant contextually it didn't make sense.

kyratango, KSW, Bronwen and 3 others like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Yes, contextually it didn't makes sense. I meant to say "recycling" but was thinking about a chocolate present I'm giving (as it would happen, for my secret santa recipient here) and I said "chocolate". A senior or covid-times moment. Honestly!

Correct that the sentence does make sense on its own. :cool: Especially in this house.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

To me "Let's go get chocolate" makes sense in any context.:joyful:

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

That was kind of a musing thought. I don't know enough about amber to be sure whether pressed amber would look the same in UV light. (Suspect it does; why wouldn't it?) I was mainly thinking of the inclusion being a selling point because inclusions of organic matter are desired in amber. The 2 thoughts didn't really belong in one sentence. Guess it went this way: even if a more knowledgeable member declares it pressed amber (less desirable), it still has the inclusion (more desirable). At the edge of my thoughts was also where the inclusion is, out at the surface that way, would be highly unlikely in a manufactured piece.

No, I don't think you can take it as a rule that inclusions mean amber in its natural state, except I think one with the look of a blemish is apt to be natural.

Draft saved Draft deleted