Featured Same sale, last four pieces.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lucille.b, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I think I'm clogging up the jewelry forum, so going to cram the last 4 pieces into one post. No questions on these, just sharing. Starting with one of my favorites of the day, a Vendome with dangles. Marked Vendome on the back. I really like this one. After that, sort of a modern looking pin by Audrey Schenk. I had never heard of Audrey Schenk (the 2nd brooch) but just liked the look. Also not heard of Kirk's Folly (the earrings -actually got them for a possible craft project, but maybe selling as they seem to have a following) and finally the elephant which is unsigned and I suspect not all that old. Just got it because it is articulated. I found the exact elephant pin on Ebay already. That's everything. Thanks for taking a look!

vend1b.jpg vend1.jpg sc1.jpg sc2b.jpg ear4.jpg ear7.jpg el3.jpg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Love the elephant! The angel earrings are soso. If they were not the same (meaning one facing left and one facing right) they would be a nicer set. If this sounds nuts it is because I have not had my coffee yet.:rolleyes:
    greg

3. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

4. Lucille.b

Thanks Susan. That's the one for sure. :)

And Greg, I'm with you on the earrings. (In theory) I'm planning on making one of those vintage jewelry Christmas tree pictures, ONLY with broken jewelry (for those crying out "don't destroy any jewelry"...) and thought these earrings might look good on it. Would be one pair I was demolishing, just to have a couple angels in the tree. But thought, maybe I should look them up on Ebay first. Hard to say whether these would sell, but some of this company's stuff does well enough to list.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    cxgirl likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Kirk's Folly usually sells pretty well. Guardian angel tack pins are usually giveaways; I bet you can find a ton of them to use on the tree and just stick them right into the backing. Gotta love that elephant.

Lucille.b likes this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing Lucille, great pieces - I love the Vendome one.
    I love those! I have 2 I bought and always think I'll make one, I have a couple of boxes of broken jewels to use but haven't got that far yet:)

Lucille.b likes this.
  7. Lucille.b

Very funny. I have exactly 2 as well, one from a garage sale 6 years ago that was coincidentally on my birthday. I've always wanted one of these jewelry pics and just as I walked up the woman having the sale pulled one out of a box, saying that the picture had been her mothers --talk about timing and happy birthday! 2nd was at Goodwill. Just out on the floor, a huge piece and someone else had it in their hands -- I was so jealous, but then they said, "Oh, I'm not buying it, I just wanted to show my wife." I had to take it home on the bus and sure got a lot of comments. Its something like 24x28".

You'd think two were enough, but I have aspirations for a third that (theoretically) I am going to make.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I think you and I have a thing for dangles! Love all these, thanks so much for showing them :)

Lucille.b likes this.
  9. evelyb30

I've made two of those jewelry trees so far, smaller ones, and have one under construction. I get broken bits all the time and all it really takes is a shadowbox frame (yard saled of course) a bottle of craft glue and time. I use bits of leftover fabric in the back of the frame too instead of the nasty black stuff they generally put in those frames.

Lucille.b likes this.
  10. Lucille.b

The two made ones I have from sales are on fabric, but I saw one done right on the exterior piece of glass that looked every bit as good. Crafter had glued right to the glass. What do you think?

11. evelyb30

It could be really pretty. Can't say I've ever seen one done that way, but there's no reason why not. The shadow box keeps things from getting dusty. I saw the same thing done once with lamps. I took one look at the pieces the person had wrecked and darned near cried.

12. Lucille.b

We'll see if I actually get around to it... Hope so, I've collected the broken stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted