San Quentin Prison Chair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by EclecticMedix, Dec 26, 2021.

1. mark737

mark737 Well-Known Member

Well, it was designed as an office chair or guest chair, not an easy or dining chair. Maybe the higher armrests were meant to help with typing.

Francisco G Kempton likes this.
  2. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Here's an idea apropos to Antiquers.com: Buy antiques! I've always hated Ikea as overpriced garbage, and now its good to know that my instincts played me true even more than I thought. To hell with 'em, and please, no apologies on their behalf to the tune of "well, it's good stuff for kids just starting out" or suchlike. Antiques are better in every way, not least in value for quality vs. dollar (or whatever your currency is) spent. Selah.

komokwa likes this.
  3. ChrisCrow

ChrisCrow New Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread... I have a desk made in Mar 1943 at San Quentin, solid wood and huge. The interesting feature is if you take the solid wood top off and flip it upside down, there is a four leaf clover shellacked into the underside. Does anyone know where I can begin to explore the history on it?

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not I .
    but if u start a new thread....with good photo's....I'm sure we can be of some help in your quest..!

Draft saved Draft deleted