Scandinavian Glass Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Found this vase that I believe to be made by Iittala of Finland. Was wondering if anyone might be able to confirm this, along with a pattern name and perhaps which designer. Vase measures 9 3/4" tall and is 6 " wide, and weighs 6 pounds.

DSCF4227 - Copy.JPG DSCF4229 - Copy.JPG DSCF4231 - Copy.JPG DSCF4232 - Copy.JPG

Huntingtreasure likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It certainly resembles the style of some pieces. Have you looked carefully for a signature? I have a few signed pieces and I think (I could go look but didn't yet) that they have TS for Timo Sarpaneva.

3. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

I have checked all over the vase and unfortunately have not found any signature or markings.

judy likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

How heavy is it?
    The Iitalia ones are very heavy.

The seam bothers me. Trying to remember what US company made something similar. Might have been Imperial, but not 100% sure. Maybe Indiana. Made a salad set and bowls. Not sure what else was in the line.

judy likes this.
  5. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Vase weighs 6 pounds. I believe the Indiana Glass pattern you are thinking of is Soreno, and this is definitely not part of that line. This was purchased as part of a lot with several pieces of Iittala Ultima Thule pattern design by Tapio Wirkkala.

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted