Scandinavian silver makers mark

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ratsy Brown, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Lovely country. The food is fabulous. I have some super Turkish silver bought out there.

Any Jewelry and DragonflyWink like this.
  2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Wow, Bear - those are some serious crossed eyes on that flame-point! Percy's were just ever-so-slightly crossed - here he is with Syd, apparently depressed because she's just seen him defile one of her toys...

percysydney.JPG

~Cheryl

BoudiccaJones, KSW, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

He's gorgeous - they both are.

4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I was a bit astonished that most of this sterling is sold on amazon and other platforms. looks like a copy of 60s style.

KSW likes this.
  5. DragonflyWink

Thanks, Bear, they were both sweet babies, Percy lived a good long life, Sydney passed too soon - this pic is a fooler with Syd looking sad, she was one of the most joyful dogs I've ever known...

~Cheryl

kyratango, komokwa and KSW like this.
  6. DragonflyWink

To be clear - Sezgin was founded in 1950, there is no reason to believe they didn't produce Modernist pieces in the period.

~Cheryl

KSW likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

And Modernist jewellery is still made too.

KSW and DragonflyWink like this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

on the photos it still looks like cheap cast white metal with a bit of silver. but tastes differ.

9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Is this your cat OBB?!. He is amazing, so beautiful. Those eyes are just to pinpoint his prey to purrfection :)

DragonflyWink likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

No, not mine, but a fabulous example of a flame point I found. Isn't he glorious?

KSW and DragonflyWink like this.
  11. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Are all flame points cross eyed?

DragonflyWink likes this.
  12. DragonflyWink

Hehe, it's a common Siamese trait - the one Bear posted might be the most cross-eyed I've seen...

~Cheryl

KSW likes this.
  13. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I wonder if breeders try to breed it out and it’s a genetic throwback that keeps surfacing or if it’s the result of careless breeding? Stunning cats though.

14. DragonflyWink

They used to often have crossed eyes and kinked tails, it was pretty much bred out long ago, but it's still in their genetics, and shows up in both purebreds and mixes (Percival Peach was a mix).

~Cheryl

KSW likes this.
  15. Ownedbybear

Yup, it's a Siamese thing. Some are a bit overbred now: they were much stockier cats back in the nineteenth century and have gone a bit fragile. Noisy mad buggers.

KSW likes this.
  16. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The mad bugger bit comes with being overbred, is my guess. True Siamese cats are stockier and no crazier than any other cat. The Russians have cross-eyed moggies, but that might be because someone didn't spay/neuter a Siamese who was fruitful and multiplied.

kyratango, KSW and Ownedbybear like this.
  17. Ownedbybear

Earworm. Not exactly an acceptable depiction or stereotype these days, but the damn thing is stuck in my head.

kyratango and KSW like this.
  18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's been stuck in my head off and on since I heard it first as a small child. Gee thanks. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

19. Ownedbybear

Tee hee. ;)

20. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Classic Disney! Thanks for posting this OBB :)

kyratango and Ownedbybear like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted