Featured Scary enameled silver baby spoon

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lennyt, Dec 11, 2019.

1. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    So I was on the right track thinking mis post.

2. Lennyt

Lennyt Well-Known Member

Everyone is so sensitive now. It is a history so live with it. You can't change it or make it better. I think the biggest racists are the people that always cry racism on every corner. Every little thing is offensive for them.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I tend to agree with @clutteredcloset49's initial statement.....good, bad or indifferent, it's what made this country what we are today.....and I also think it's terrible to be destroying history (especially statues!)....just my opinion.....! Now, on to other things!!!:happy::happy::happy:

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I do that 'period' also now and again when there seems to be no other way to back out, Kiko!!!!!

5. shallow_ocean_spectre

shallow_ocean_spectre fine.books' bumping squirrel

Only to feminine hygiene products manufacturers.

kyratango and Sandra like this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

We are watching a civil war take place in America now. If you don't recognize it - you don't have your eyes open.

It started with little things like kids who don't have to work for a trophy, just be part of the team, political correctness, re writing history, taking away our icons, not teaching cursive, teaching gay rights to second graders.
    It's not just America, it's Britain with Brexit, Germany, Sweden. There is a group at play for world government.
    The Boomer generation is the last of the well educated. As we die off, the younger generations will be led by their phones and what they are told.

Sorry, I get really upset at the brainwashing taking hold of our country.
    I'll stop, no more comments. I don't want this thread pulled.

Polish your spoon. If it is clean and shiny you will realize more money than if it is dirty.

cxgirl, patd8643, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I never worked for a trophy at school, no one of my generation in the Netherlands or Australia did. We turned out all right, nothing wrong with our education, knowledge or skills.

As for gay rights being taught at an early age, kids should be taught about equality imo. If teaching kids about gay rights stops gay people being attacked in the streets just for what they are, please teach them, it saves lives.
    The same goes for any kind of equality - gender, religion, health, ethnic or cultural background.

8. Lennyt

Lennyt Well-Known Member

I agree to a certain extent. However we got to the point now when rights of few become more important than rights of many. All the things we were thought as abnormal when we were kids suddenly became normal in today's society....

9. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:jawdrop::muted:
    To me, ALL rights are IMPORTANT!

10. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Can you post a link or give an alert when you do? I would be interested in this one, it’s fantastic. Quite racist obviously but a nice piece for sure. Or if there’s anything you collect in particular that you may want to trade for let me know. Nice find!

11. Lennyt

Lennyt Well-Known Member

I collect watches so if you have anything interesting let me know. I already have two offers for this spoon so it might not make it to eBay.

J Dagger likes this.
  12. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

kyratango likes this.
  13. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Ah yeh I stay far away from watches typically. I know nothing about them and there’s far to much to know to just dip your toes. Unless it’s an obvious great deal I don’t bother. I also have skinny wrists and watches look horrible on them 99% of the time so my eagerness to learn is lower than with most things. I just posted a super cool pocket watch stand yesterday but not much for actual watches. I think I have a Waltham pocket watch hanging around. Probably gold filled. Then something that was probably from the 80’s with a leather band. Kind of neat and some special edition but it wasn’t worth more than $100-$200 if I recall correctly. Just got it to flip it and then forgot about it til now. I’ll look for it but I doubt it would be up your alley if you’re an antique watch guy. Glad you got some offers. If you want to msg me I could see how mine would compare!

Edit: spelling, more spelling

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    kyratango likes this.
  14. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Wait until the holocaust deniers become the dominate voice. :(

Lucille.b and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  15. Lennyt

Lennyt Well-Known Member

Wow it was just a spoon that brought it all up :) Imagine if I post similar bowl :)

16. DanaB

DanaB Active Member

Darn, I was hoping to see it pop up on eBay! And if nothing else, to see what it goes for!

shallow_ocean_spectre likes this.
  17. DanaB

DanaB Active Member

I'd just go for eBay or Etsy and forget the discussion!

18. Lennyt

Lennyt Well-Known Member

We since you wanted to know. Sold on eBay for $650.

19. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

YAY!!! Bravo!:woot:

20. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
    Best laugh I've had in a long time!!

Draft saved Draft deleted