Scottish Highland Dresser - porridge drawer?!

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Wentworth, Feb 10, 2021.

1. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Country living indeed showed up when I was growing. My brother and I both were "raised" living in a dresser drawer during the winter. We had no central heating so both of us as infants were kept warm at night by using an empty drawer.
    greg

2. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

And I was in a cradle that my Granddad made next to the wood stove!

Wentworth likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Polenta, sliced and fried, is yummy.

Wentworth and gregsglass like this.
  4. West

West New Member

I have an antique Welsh or Irish dresser/cupboard with a tin porridge drawer in great shape. I would send a photo of it but when I tap the camera or photo icon, nothing happens. How do I attach photo/photos so the people in this strand can see what they are asking to see ? Thanks.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

6. West

West New Member

I just tried the link. It says “you do not have permission to access this page”. Thank you though for trying to help.

komokwa likes this.
  7. West

West New Member

Will someone please cut and paste the directions explaining how to insert a photo. I tried the intuitive way by tapping on the photo icon. Then it tells me to type in the URL. My photos are in an app on my ipad so they don’t have URL’s. So I can’t type in a URL

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You don't tap the camera or any of the other icons unless you have uploaded pictures to the Media Gallery. You click on Upload a File next to Post Reply below the Reply box.

9. komokwa

Just a short simple tutorial on how to create a thread and post a picture on this forum.
    Click on any titled section to which you wish to post, scroll down to the bottom and click "Post New Thread" as pictured.

[​IMG]

To place a photo or picture from your PC.
    When you have created your post click "Upload a File"
    Then click "Full Image"
    Up to 8 pictures in any one post are allowed.
    Keep your photo`s or pictures below 1mb, preferably 640 x 480k.
    On Android click and hold the pic. Click on the 3 dots in upper right corner. Click edit. Then click the option on far left and it gives you different sizes to choose from.

[​IMG]

...........................................................................................................
    [​IMG]

10. komokwa

have u checked your mail for a reply from Antiquers, on your membership ?

Bakersgma likes this.
  11. West

West New Member

I didn’t receive any email from Antiquers about membership. But I am allowed to post now, which means i am a member, right ?

I have an ipad. It does not have the choice to add media or to upload a file (unless I have a URL for a photo, and i do not)

12. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Did you check your Spam folder for the email? Without the email, you won’t have full posting privileges.

komokwa likes this.
  13. West

West New Member

14. West

West New Member

Yes, i did check my spam.

15. West

West New Member

Yes, i did check my spam folder. Nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted