Featured Seguso murano gold vase?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Vesuvia, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Vesuvia

Vesuvia Active Member

Howdy all! I hope this posting finds you all doing well, or as good as can be. The world is so odd right now. But man, oh man, I’ve been hunting down some fine and beautiful things! I hope the same for you!

Murano glass, I don’t collect it, just love sparkling things, as this one is, and how! I found this gorgeous glittering bonanza jellybean at a local yard sale, picked it up because: glitter. When I get it home I’m looking at the bottom, as I didn’t see a signature at the sale, and I’m noticing something that looks internal and I believe it says Seguso Murano. It’s like a ghost signature though, and very hard to capture on camera. If it’s even there a’ tall. Because it could just very well be my imagination that sees a signature. I wanted to ask you all your thoughts on this? Would a Seguso signature be internally signed or difficult to identify?

thanks all!
    64DB8209-9C9D-41D7-A822-F72B2D7054F6.jpeg B29A0245-1651-40FB-BDAB-8EF9F28516BA.jpeg A1EB64CB-3B59-4AF0-9F96-D509B76727C1.jpeg

2. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

I've never seen a Murano vase like this but that doesn't mean much. I find this very interesting and want to see what others say about it.

antidiem and Bronwen like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I honestly wouldn't know either, but ... glitter! I'm a sucker for copper too, so ... glitter.

4. Vesuvia

Vesuvia Active Member

I’ve seen a few copper/gold swirl vases online which look similar, those were attributed to an Archimede <sp?> Seguso, but the signature on those pieces, if there was one, was pretty easy to identify.

The ghost signature I see on my vase could just be me hoping I found a bonafide treasure (even though I will think it is 100% a treasure in any case- it’s soooo pretty!). But I want to make sure before I go off and try to sell it for murano glass prices.

5. DizzyDaff

DizzyDaff Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

The lip does appear in some of the Segudo vases done for Tiffany. But, I haven't seen a smooth outside on a swirled design. Really pretty though! Good luck on more.

Vesuvia likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted