Set of modern drinking glasses, 3 sizes, handmade?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

These were at the thrift, I'm trying to avoid fragile, hard to ship items, but they were so dang inexpensive, and kinda cool, I could not help myself. We have a consignment store that would love them, but they'll probably put them out for very little, so I wanted to run them by a few other sets of eyes in case they might be attributed to someone.

They have base glass and then a 2nd layer over the bottom. A few bubbles in the glass, no signature whatsoever. I have 8 of the tall ones, 4 small, 2 wine. Any thoughts? Studio pieces? Mexican? Thanks.

glass1.jpg glass3.jpg glass5.jpg glass4.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    cxgirl likes this.
  2. maryislgal

maryislgal Well-Known Member

I would have picked them up as well !

cxgirl likes this.
  3. Lucille.b

Thanks... I like them too, but won't be keeping them. If it can't go in the dishwasher (with a few exceptions) I don't use it as day to day glassware.

My thought is to go to the consignment store with these. Unless they merit further research...

Might be hard to pin down exactly where they came from. I'm aware of that.

Just think they have a cool look, I'll just make a few $ at the consignment, but hopefully they'll find a good home.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  4. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

To my eye, these look better than Mexican, the color and shape is very '60s Scandinavian, seem to recall a Finnish pattern with a similar decoration...

~Cheryl

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. DragonflyWink

6. Lucille.b

Wow, Cheryl. You are amazing! These are very similar. I will look into this company and pattern.

Many thanks. :happy:

7. DragonflyWink

Don't believe they're the same pattern, but they do look Scandinavian to me...

~Cheryl

8. Lucille.b

Hi Cheryl,

This is what I was thinking too --not exactly the same. The linked ones look a bit more individually made. Also the linked ones seemed to have a solid base of glass, mine do not.

But the closest thing I've found so far.

9. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

kentworld likes this.
  10. Lucille.b

Susan, that is amazing.

Funny the first thing I said to DH when I got them was, guessing these are either older Pier One or something better.

This is a huge help, I can consign, make a bit of $, but not feel like I've undersold something. Thank you!

11. Ladybranch

I wasn't looking for these when I stumbled on them. I was looking for a thick stem glassware. I did the search thingy on replacements using keywords like thick stem when these glasses came up in the search results. I immediately knew I had seen them recently, but for the life of me couldn't remember where, when or who. I came to this PGP forum searching. I thought Wendy had posted a query, but couldn't find them by looking at her "Recent Activity." Then I remembered Cheryl had been in on the thread. I searched her "Recent Activity" and finally found this thread.

--- Susan

12. DragonflyWink

Geez, need to be looking around at Pier 1 more often (nice find, Susan)...

Clips from a 2007 newspaper article:

pier1doublebipglasses-1.JPG

pier1doublebipglasses-2.JPG

cxgirl and kentworld like this.
  13. Ladybranch

Nice find back at you, Cheryl. The ads, catalogs, pics, etc... you find are amazing!

--- Susan

14. Lucille.b

The two of you are amazing! :happy::happy:

15. JMC

JMC New Member

Sold or do you have them still,and did you ever find out what they are?

Draft saved Draft deleted