Several more pieces of redware from around the world

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, May 10, 2017.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

My dad finds the most interesting things... and I have boxes full... so on goes the search for whatsit or howtodescribe it. Thanks folks!!

#1, this is probably from Greece??

BE.jpg
    BE1.jpg

#2 This one simply says FRANCE, no idea of how to describe it! france.jpg france1.jpg

#3 and this one is signed EGAN... there are many Egans but I am thinking maybe this is a student piece? egan.jpg egan1.jpg

Attached Files:

aaroncab likes this.
  2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Fisher boy... what's that on his head? Hat or blonde hair or...?
    French piece... I saw a piece once that had a similar look, was said to be "burst bubble" glaze, but I really have no idea.
    Egan piece... do you get a 50s vibe off the shapes and colors?
    Cool trio.

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I agree that the first one is Greek.

And the Egan looks like studio pottery to me.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Greek, and I think it may say Skiathos, which is one of the islands. Souvenir I guess

French crystalline glaze.

Egan looks studio.

Christmasjoy and wildrose like this.
  5. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

The small French vase does not appear crystalline to me, from other pieces I've seen in the past. Perhaps its just a little different than what I am used to. THanks for all the help!

6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Is "burst bubble" a form of crystalline glaze?

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

No, two different animals, Gila. Wildrose's vase is, to me, closer to crystalline, albeit not like some, as she says.

8. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted