Featured Sevres style set looking to buy

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Erik Aunapuu, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Erik Aunapuu

Erik Aunapuu Well-Known Member

Hey folks!

One local seller is selling this set. I've been thinking about buying it for a while, but want to ask your opinion on these pieces. Are they even vintage or very modern copy? They are selling this set for 1000$. Quite a lot of money for me, so I would love to have your opinion :)
    All I have is these photos from their websites, I hope it's okay.

Thanks in advance!
    Erik

67145377194.jpg 107112876081.jpg 151876474255.jpg 83132381540.jpg 51158390752.jpg 43164892764.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Very modern, I'd say. They also look transfer done.

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Not very fine quality on the figures.That'd be a pass.Not that my cheap behind would spend $1000 on anything!

pearlsnblume, judy and bercrystal like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The set says it's hand painted, which knocks it out of the antique realm before even looking at the rest. Transfer printed faux Sevres mark. I wouldn't personally buy a console set for $10 never mind $1000, but I'm a cheapskate with no mantle to put it on.

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Agree with everyone else here.
    Too expensive and not antique.

judy likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

u may wish to question the rest of his inventory..................;):wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  7. Erik Aunapuu

Erik Aunapuu Well-Known Member

Got it, thanks a lot guys for your help. I will offer him 10$ max :D

Draft saved Draft deleted