Shaker ladder back Chair...Contemporary?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Bridgets628, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Bridgets628

Bridgets628 Member

I grabbed 5 of these this morning curb side. I don't know if the finish was originally like this or the rain this morning did it? They are very sturdy, in great shape. First impression is that they are modern pieces, but I want to be sure. All rush seats are perfect. They have the slight back lean to them. I've been looking at finials all day and haven't come across these, they seem maybe a bit to detailed for an old shaker? Planning on rubbing them down with some Watco Danish oil, I think that's all their gonna need. Back measures: 42" high. More pics uploaded as thumbnails.
    DSCN2504.JPG DSCN2504.JPG DSCN2506.JPG DSCN2507.JPG DSCN2510.JPG DSCN2509.JPG

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I do think they are newish,but for free they are great!

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree, newish. Also agree that a little watco will improve their appearance.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I had a set of these from a neighbor who was moving. They looked great in my kitchen. Then I discovered those annoying corner posts were constantly biting into my thighs. Since I wasn't going to lose enough weight to be skinny enough to fit in between, I had to buy a set of tie-on cushions to make them moderately comfortable. I eventually gave them away to some other poor victim! I'd guess they're 1980s or later.

Draft saved Draft deleted