Featured Show and (Hollywood Regency lamp) Tell!

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Lucille.b, May 11, 2021.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I tried to pass on these, but the price was right at the garage sale!

h1.jpg

The bases seem to be solid brass:

h1a.jpg

Glass is nice,
    1970's Italian??

h1ab.jpg

Original shades are a plus!

h6a.jpg
    And 3 way bulb if you want brighter:

h1b.jpg

hex2.jpg

hexnice.jpg

Lilly_Ann, komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Would say late 60s-early 70s. As tempting as such lamps are in great condition like this, I have learned to pass on them. Just no market here. I am sure these would sell in CA or in a big city.

Firemandk, Lucille.b and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Brad, I had the same initial reaction to pass. They were in the back of the garage at $12 each, I took a look and walked away at first, impossible to ship affordably, etc. But seller said, "I'll give them to you for $10 each" and decided to just grab them since they had original shades, etc. and maybe go for a quick local sale.

Now home, I'm glad I picked them up. Not my thing exactly, but they are a bit above average for what they are. The shades are fabric and in clean, pristine condition, and I actually think the bases are brass, not coated metal. I live in a metro area so I think this is going to be a CL or FBMP sale, possibly even Ebay pick up only. I'm hoping for $100-150 for the pair.

Hopefully someone will have to have these!

verybrad, komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Quick follow up, someone DID have to have these thank goodness... I had them for a week on CL at $120, then dropped to $100 and someone just bought them 5 minutes ago with Venmo. Cool as the lamps were, always do a little happy dance when a large item finds a new home.

I'm still getting used to "Venmo".... I'm so old school, but realize this is how a lot of people do business now. I even put in the CL ad, "cash (preferred) or Venmo" and the buyer wanted to use Venmo, thank god he was patient because suddenly I had no idea what my user ID was (I meant to be ready with that before he came over but forgot!). I've used Venmo fewer than 5 times. So called my daughter who didn't know my ID, and then I realized I had it written down, luckily came up with it in 2 minutes, so wasn't too much of a delay. I knew it was my name with some kind of @ but wanted to be sure I had it right.

Anyway the buyer (about my age) was sympathetic, saying he signed up to Venmo "kicking and screaming". Honestly I better get used to Venmo and other methods of payment.

5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Good going Lucille, congrats on the sale.
    I have no idea how to use Venmon

patd8643 and Lucille.b like this.
  6. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

It's possible, but I'd be surprised if these have brass bases. The vast majority of this design & era are spelter - but a hands on exam would be needed to tell for sure. That being said, they're nice looking lamps and a great buy.

Draft saved Draft deleted