Featured Show us your talent.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Armando0831, Nov 30, 2014.

1. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Yup - I have four, that one is my little baby....

~Cheryl

KingofThings and komokwa like this.
  2. DragonflyWink

Gila - Thanks for the compliment, been doing it for a lot of years, usually for profit, but small pieces are about all I'm up to anymore. One of my old neighbors was a decorative painter at Disney, he did incredible faux effects in his house and yard, I admired it but thought it a little much in a 1500 sq. ft. house - sold way above market value though...

~Cheryl

KingofThings likes this.
  3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Cheryl... such stuff is my bread-and-butter... and you served up some GOURMET stuff there!

KingofThings and DragonflyWink like this.
  4. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

This is probably my best piece, I know the lighting is bad. It is technically trench art because to get the brass I cut and flattened the middle of an artillery cartridge case. Size is about 9x12, and the design was acid-etched. I made over 100 etched brass trench art pieces during the year I was doing that stuff. I stopped because it wasn't profitable. I think I have little or no artistic talent.

[​IMG]

5. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Well I like it. :)
    -
    I wish I had the German mortar shell I have handy. It's amazing.

komokwa and yourturntoloveit like this.
  6. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

I would like to see a photo sometime. I've been collecting trench art for about 30 years. Most of it is in the form of brass artillery cartridge cases, 3.7 cm thru 21 cm.

KingofThings likes this.
  7. KingofThings

It's well buried in storage but next time I'm there I'll do my best. :)

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  8. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I love that so much.
    Trench art?
    It has such movement and strength.
    At risk of being sexist or Romantic or whatever, I think it is just so masculine and sensual, oh yes I do.
    I would love to buy one.
    How do I do that?

KingofThings likes this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Spring, if I found that in a shop I'd jump on it. Then I'd try pulling a print off of it and see what happened.:) Maybe add in some watercolor afterward?

KingofThings likes this.
  10. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I like it too, Spring. I agree with inking it to try to pull prints off of it. I believe it would sell well on eber or betsy.

KingofThings likes this.
  11. DragonflyWink

Lest Gila thinks her bird is the only forum pet with artistic talent...

Siamese feline artist Talisman created his 'Bountyful Moon on Walnut' as a continuation of his earlier work, 'Bountyful Moonrise on Walnut ':

101120169232.jpg

101120169195.jpg

~Cheryl

antidiem, SBSVC, komokwa and 3 others like this.
  12. KingofThings

There's not a shred of proof your kitty did that!
    :wideyed::eek::rolleyes:

13. DragonflyWink

Hehe, should have taken pics of the artist in action. He is one of those kitties who feels the need to cover his food and water, the water is in a heavy crock (necessary to prevent spillage) on a paper towel - since the terrazzo floor is difficult to claw up, he shreds the paper towel and deposits the bits into his bowl, the end result is his art...

~Cheryl

14. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Here is an old head I did a few years ago. I was in the process of turning it into a faux bronze. The other half said when she saw it "It's ugly and put it away somewhere." Usually she says "it is ugly throw it away". I put a coat of copper on it and was going to cover it with a bronze color and just let the copper gleam in places where it would have been touched and worn. Just to replicate a 2 thousand year old Roman bust or maybe a 3 thousand year old Greek bust. It was going to be marble or granite but far too many burst bubbles in the finish.
    greg 005.JPG 001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Hi Greg !
    That's a great work.....right out of our history !
    Now.....you should have posted it on the finds thread , asking us to date it and comment on it's origin and value.....

That would have led to all kinds of fun !! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

KingofThings likes this.
  16. KingofThings

Indeed!!!! :)

komokwa likes this.
  17. antidiem

That's a unique and realistic rendition of a man's head, is that a self-portrait, Greg?

What sort of "copper" did you apply to what base? I'm curious about your technique.

KingofThings likes this.
  18. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It is just copper colored car paint. It is not a self portrait but of what I find Roman and Greek heads to look like. It is made of molded clay with a fiberglass finish. I used fiberglass boat paint to cover the clay. Unfortunately the fiberglass bubbled and left tiny crevices all over. I was going to give it a weathered limestone finish but I decided to give it a dark bronze finish with a copper color showing where it was rubbed. Over time it just stayed copper. I wanted to bronze it and place it on a stone base. Will I ever finish it???? Time will tell. I used to take plaster statues and bronze them to make lamps. One guy used to buy all the ones I did. I do not know what he did with them but he used to pay me a good price. They used to run me about 12 to 15 dollars and then 2 bucks of paint and an hour of my time. He used pay me 100 bucks apiece.
    greg

Figtree3, antidiem and KingofThings like this.
  19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Copper acne? (LOL)

20. antidiem

Well that is one unique technique! I dabbled a bit with freeform clay. Fun times!

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted