Signature help on floral still life lithograph

Discussion in 'Art' started by laura9797, Mar 24, 2024.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I thought it might be Julia but I think it the second letter is an e. Early in the print process #2/275. Verso is Authentication from Societe de verification de la nouvelle gravure internationale. Work measures approx. 23 x 17 inches. Thank you for looking!
    IMG_5994.JPG IMG_5995.JPG IMG_5996.JPG IMG_5997.JPG IMG_5998.JPG

stracci likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The authentication is less important than the identification of your piece as being issued by The Collector's Guild Ltd.

Debora

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    laura9797 likes this.
  3. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Yebia Miajik?? Tebia/Jebia? Yebid/Tebid/Jebid? :confused: Miujik, Sliujik....:cyclops:

laura9797 and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I keep seeing Jebia Shashlick.:bag:

laura9797 and mirana like this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I don't know this group, but I suspect it's much the same as the Paris Etching Society. I see Picassos and Dalis and all the usual suspects. Looks like they are original prints, but produced in large editions, sometimes re-strikes of earlier, smaller editions. The stuff I'm seeing online is consistently mid-century. The bots already have your pics up and circulating. Maybe someone who knows more will show up. If there is solid info about this group online, I haven't found it.

The Paris Etching Society produced works by well-known names (Dali in particular), but most of their stuff, original though it may be, is by people you never heard of. Lots of journeyman artists out there, entirely competent at what they do, who never achieve recognition.
    It's a colorful print. Has an MCM feel to me.

I think if you find other lithos from the same group, the prices will be comparable.

laura9797 likes this.
  6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I thought it looked like Jelia but that last letter looks like a b

Draft saved Draft deleted