signature ID, location ID, medium ID

Discussion in 'Art' started by MIRED, Apr 12, 2021.

1. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

This is so damaged I think my questions are a moot point. But before I toss it I want to make sure it's not some treasure in need of restoration. Picture is 8" X 5.5". Been in my garage for many years but no idea where from. Anyone able to decipher the signature or recognize the location. Also curious what type of art work it is. Thanks so much! IMG_7481.JPG IMG_7483.JPG IMG_7484.JPG IMG_7484.JPG IMG_7485.JPG IMG_7486.JPG

Firemandk likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The signature appears to be two stacked lines, one hidden by the mat. Why don't you open it up and see what you find?

Debora

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Tramways came to Paris in 1855 according to the internet. The first were horse drawn so scene later.

Debora

6. Roaring20s

7. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

You guys are the bomb!!!! Always amazed at how much you know and find. I hadn't notice the second line of the signature so will take apart and post soon.
    Thanks so very much!

Firemandk and komokwa like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Isn't that something?

Debora

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.59.14 PM.png

Firemandk likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

11. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

Well I was unable to take picture out to better read the signature - nails broke and picture pasted to mat so can't separate.
    Just for my own information could anyone tell me what this is if it's based on that photo - print, etching, what? And how is the color added when it starts out as black and white? And is there anyway to fix what looks like water stains or is it ruined? I'd be happy to donate if this is something anyone might want but feels like I probably need to trash it which makes me sad. Thanks again

12. Roaring20s

MIRED likes this.
  13. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

If you don’t want it, I will take it. I have a collection of damaged prints I keep for reference.

14. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

Thanks for that - I can't even imagine the work that went into making this. I appreciate you raising me up from ground zero in the world of art.

15. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

Sure you can have it! And maybe several others. Can you message me please.

16. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

Is that through conversations? I have never messaged anyone directly.

17. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

Well I did take the print out of the frame completely in preparation of mailing to Lithographer. That 2nd line you noted was just a fancy underlining. My building question would have been answered as it says Le Palais de Justice under the mat and it's a LE 36/50 print.

18. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

Signature identified: Henri Moricet

Draft saved Draft deleted