Featured Signature on glass perfume bottle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by drg642, May 12, 2022.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Does anyone recognize the signature on this perfume bottle? I have searched for Warner, and looked at some general perfume bottle searches for W names, but did not find it. Thanks for any help.

ablue1.JPG ablue2.JPG ablue5.JPG ablue6.JPG

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Winkler?

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  3. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thanks INH. A few quick searches with that name did not turn up anything.
    I remember years ago when you could do a search on ebay with just a few letters and wild card for the rest of the word. It was a real loss when they took that away.

pearlsnblume, judy and bercrystal like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume, judy and bercrystal like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I tried a few different spellings but had no luck. I am not very good at deciphering siggies on art glass & quite frankly you may never know because it is by someone not well known outside of their location.

Every year the IPBA has a perfume bottle design competition that anyone can enter. This year they had 38 entries 37 of which were art glass bottles. The other one was a sterling silver entry that won second place.

The board narrows down the entries to the top 10 & then the members who attend the convention vote for their favorite.

The president told us that some of the artists submitted multiple pieces but I mention all of this to give you an idea of how many artisans are out there producing pieces.

6. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thanks Peggy. I figured it might be a local artist, and thought if it was a known person someone here would recognize it.

bercrystal and judy like this.
  7. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2022-05-12-21-44-24.png Check out Jonathan Winfisky art glass perfume bottles.

bercrystal, johnnycb09, judy and 2 others like this.
  8. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Amazing research Laura! Thank you!

johnnycb09, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  9. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

That is truly an understatement. ;) :p:p :rolleyes::rolleyes: :happy: :hilarious:

I would never have gotten those letters out of that signature in a million years. :eek::facepalm:

Draft saved Draft deleted