signed glazed studio stoneware piece

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dude, Jan 26, 2022.

1. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Hi,

I could use some help with this piece.

For starters, I can't make out the sig. Raskit? Paskit? Haskit? Haslit? Haslut?

I'm also unsure what to call the design. Brown glazed stoneware?

Next is the question of the fruit besides the grapes. Peaches? Persimmons?

Finally, I'm wondering if it is a vase or jar and is it correct to say it has faux handles?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

20220125_193808 (1).jpg 20220125_193911.jpg 20220125_193915.jpg 20220125_193929.jpg 20220125_154533.jpg

judy and Houseful like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the sig is T Paskit, but that's only after 1 cup of coffee at barely 6 AM.

judy and dude like this.
  3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

lovely. these short handles are normally on storage vessels for not loosing any place on the cupboard boards. but I think without lid they are "for the joy of it" and rather newer studio pottery.

judy and dude like this.
  4. dude

dude Well-Known Member

5. dude

dude Well-Known Member

This seems to be the right tag:

Terry Plasket Mid-sized Salt-glazed Studio Pottery Vessel with Oranges & Grapes Designs.

Please set me straight if I am incorrect or missed anything in labeling. Thx!

judy, Figtree3 and Fid like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Yes! The 14th piece in the gallery has a design that matches the design on yours. Although the piece is a different shape. The 18th image in the gallery has a few, one of which looks more like the shape of yours.

[EDIT] My numbering might be off, so just go through until you find them... if you haven't already.

judy and dude like this.
  7. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks! In looking at the gallery, I was quickly convinced my piece is his work. My question in the labeling was the "Salt-glazed" and "Oranges" part.

Figtree3, judy and Fid like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted