Silver child's shoes.

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Rita, May 25, 2017.

1. Rita

Rita Active Member

IMG_5047.JPG hello all.
    Today I purchased these silver child's shoes.
    I think they are quite unusual and possibly could be Turkish for wedding maybe ????
    i have purchased them to sell at one of my antique fairs. Anyone have any idea what they could be worth?
    Thanks Rita

Joshua Brown likes this.
  2. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

3. BU66

BU66 Active Member

Neat!! Does it say sterling on them?

Joshua Brown likes this.
  4. Rita

Rita Active Member

No. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any hallmark of any kind. I don't think they are silver.

Joshua Brown likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

They're rather crudely made. Unlikely to be silver. But why do you think they're from Turkey? (I ask because what are thought of as traditional Turkish shoes are flat with a closed pointed toe ending in an upturn.)

Debora

834-2297.jpg

Joshua Brown likes this.
  6. Rita

Rita Active Member

Actually they are probably continental. As I was informed that they could be women's Turkish wedding shoes . So maybe they wouldn't be marked. Just a lower percentage of silver .

Joshua Brown likes this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

So are they are children's or women's size? I wouldn't eliminate India as a source.

Debora

Joshua Brown likes this.
  8. Rita

Rita Active Member

They are child's definitely .

Joshua Brown likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted