silver crucifix cuff

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by anton34, May 6, 2020.

1. anton34

anton34 Well-Known Member

Can anyone identify the mark on this silver crucifix cuff? (is it BIRKS?). Thank you!

watermarked_15887892234575.jpg

watermarked_15887892068567.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

If you could take a Sunshine cloth or other silver polishing cloth, to the area of the mark it would make it easier for us to see it. It's a bit difficult to read right now :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

First, that's a cross not a crucifix (Jesus has left the building). I can't see the mark. NB? Unless you can find a hallmark, odds are it's not sterling. This sort of thing is sold in "gift collections" in stores that sell Christian-themed merch.

4. anton34

thanx evelyb30! as far as gifty shops go!, this particular cuff looks pretty old (on my end!)

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly you showed a piece a couple days ago (or maybe yesterday?) that had the same mark on it. Not sure that was ever ID'd.

Is it my imagination or a trick of the camera or is this cuff not round - too much space between the 2 ends of the silver band?

6. anton34

NO tricky cameras! this is the only item I have with this mark! and the cuff is round just reshaped to fit a bit by it's previous owner! it is pretty small as well 2" inside dia (inside)

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

As you wish.

8. anton34

Marie......, here is a clearer pic of mark!

watermarked_15887979859989.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted