Silver maker: Bresin

Discussion in 'Silver' started by J Dagger, Apr 30, 2024.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Anyone encounter this Bresin before? Only one mention online in an Etsy listing. The Etsy piece has SE Bresin in what looks like same mark as mine. My spoon just has cutouts where the SE would be so just says Bresin. When I first saw it out of the corner of my eye at a sale I thought it to myself “ooh Native American silver”. It still looks more like an NA spoon than anything else to me but it doesn’t really look very Native American either. The necklace on Etsy isn’t helping me very much. It looks pretty ambiguous in origin to my eye. Hoping one of you will see something I don’t or know the name. Fun little spoon either way. Probably around 4” long. A5934E3A-C092-4274-B68B-29ACE4B38D8A.jpeg 3BF5A84F-F945-451F-8261-AA794C50B703.jpeg 399C7711-B1C4-4078-8A57-14578D67D10F.jpeg 87AE9FB3-DB61-4886-B744-43839CAC06D1.jpeg

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    kyratango and komokwa like this.
  2. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

3. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

Found this with Google upload_2024-5-1_11-25-22.png
    but on the site, I can't find the text.

That 1968 is probably the year of the piece, and not when she was born, because I also found this:
    upload_2024-5-1_11-28-6.png
    upload_2024-5-1_11-27-13.png

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    J Dagger, komokwa, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  4. J Dagger

Thanks Marote! Based on the institutions mentioned it looks like she was based in the Boston area. Maybe learned jewelry making the School of the Museum of Fine Arts and did it for a little while after school. Guessing it was not a prolific career since there are so few mentions. Looks like I won’t get rich on this one but it’s a fun piece.

komokwa and Marote like this.
  5. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

If you find her, tell her that Tufts University is looking for her :D
    https://www.tufts69.org/class_profile_empty.cfm?member_id=7597453
    "Sheila Bresin (Clawson) has not joined the site yet. Do you know where Sheila Bresin (Clawson) is? If so, please click here to invite Sheila to join our site!"

As you can see, she is also referred to without 'Eve', so possibly more can be found with the various possible combinations of her name, such as:
    https://www.peekyou.com/sheila_clawson/332141549
    Sheila E Clawson is 75 years old. She lives in Newton Lower Falls, Massachusetts.

https://www.instantcheckmate.com/people/sheila-clawson/
    Sheila Eve Clawson
    ADDRESS REMOVED
    80 year old

instantcheckmate.com, should change the name to instantagingmate.com, as she suddenly is 5 years older :jawdrop:

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2024
    Any Jewelry and J Dagger like this.
  6. J Dagger

You’re quite the researcher! Thank you! She’d probably be tickled to know her work is still out there being appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2024
    komokwa, Any Jewelry and Marote like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto.:)

J Dagger, Marote and komokwa like this.
  8. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

Looking for the info was a very welcome distraction from the work I should actually be doing :hilarious:

Any Jewelry, J Dagger and komokwa like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

......doesn't that happen !!!!! a lot !:playful::(:(:(

Any Jewelry, J Dagger and Marote like this.
  10. J Dagger

Btw I think it’s the reverse of instantaging.com that will be the one to catch on. They seem to have it all wrong with the direction they are aging people.

Marote likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted