Featured Silver stone brooch/pendant

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BMRT, Mar 8, 2020.

1. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

Greetings,

I’ve had this one for a long time with no clear memory on how it came to be in my possession. It’s a small one inch brooch/pendant combo. No markings anywhere, tests positive for silver. I think the “stone” is a composite but frankly I don’t know. One of the heart leaves is slightly raised in an interesting pop up design. Can anyone tell me anything else about it? 8D6FD516-D8FE-41CE-A9F0-1270B054DFB5.jpeg A3DE5E13-8EAA-4BE0-8BD7-52D770A7CAD3.jpeg BA489E1E-41C4-499F-94EF-9F9B6A8A2BAF.jpeg 4E5DF8AF-F5C2-41E5-AB0F-B82D9D591245.jpeg

judy, patd8643, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  2. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it wasn't designed with the "pop up" feature on one of the stones. Looking at the setting, it's flush in the upper corner. There is usually a spongy type backing when stones are set and this one may have been subject to moisture, causing the backing to swell.
    I agree, probably a composite but no solid ideas on what it may be.

judy, kyratango, Christmasjoy and 5 others like this.
  3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Turquoise chips in resin.

Sandra, kyratango, stracci and 5 others like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Agree. BMRT, can you push it back gently, without damaging it? It is prone to damage the way it is, I don't know if that resin can withstand any acidental knocks.
    It is cute, but whoever put the resin with turquoise chips in wasn't very careful anyway, there are blobs in between the leaves.

Sandra, judy, kyratango and 6 others like this.
  5. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

I tried to push it back in or wiggle it up and it does not budge. If it was accidentally pushed out by moisture it had to have happened a long time ago and now it’s very much stuck like this!

judy, Christmasjoy and KSW like this.
  6. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Looks like a Mexican piece to me.

i need help likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The leaf to the left of the raised one, looks maybe dented. Maybe the pressure of whatever happened there, Has pushed the inlay out?

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted