Featured Silverplate (I think) Deco candle holders --maker?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lucille.b, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Completely unmarked, assuming silverplate. Can anyone put these with a maker? They look Deco to me.

Got them home last week from a (dimly lit) estate and although not expensive, initially had some buyers remorse because it looked like the finish was shot. But I got some simichrome and that discoloration polished easily to a mirror shine! See last pic for the small section that cleaned up. I'm not a polisher due to hand issues, so for a bit there won't be any before/after pictures. Although when DD visits, she loves polishing.

Wondering if these can be attached to a maker/style, etc. Thanks.

candle2.jpg candle3.jpg candle4.jpg

2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

lovely. I've seen these before but can't nail it at the moment. first thought was Chase but they're not in the catalogue. second thought is Quist 1950s.

3. ALittleBit

ALittleBit ALittleBit

They are great. I was inspired to head off on a wild google chase and came across this fellow, Tommi Parzinger, who seems to like putting circular bits in different places on candlesticks. I assume yours are candlesticks but hmmm,
    where do the drips go? Sample pic below.
    Candlesticks.jpg

scoutshouse and Lucille.b like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thanks, Fid. I was thinking "maybe Chase??" at the sale, but like you didn't find anything quite like this.

I'll check out Quist and Tommi Parzinger (thanks, Alittlebit!)

Figtree3, scoutshouse and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted