Silverplated Stumped, any help is appreciated

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Brynne, Mar 30, 2021.

?

Was this an accidental strange marriage? Silverplate?

1. Italian Victorian silverplated spoons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. They do not belong together

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brynne

Brynne Member

Everything you see came out of a the blue box marker EBERLE. The bowls (if that's what they are) seem to be retro style and have no markings other than the name. There are 20 decorative small spoons One I accidently broke trying the to place where I thought it belonged. Each spoon has the word 'Italy' on the bottom, some are made better than others. One says, "ST. Marten" on the back handle. I don't think the bowls and spoons belong together. Any help yall can give is greatly appreciated. eberle 1.jpg eberle 3.jpg eberle 4.jpg eberle 5.jpg eberle 6.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

I'm thinking maybe a set of wine tasters, or punch cups. Spoons don't belong with the set, they look like collectors items you buy while touring etc.

3. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Eberle is a Brazilian metalware manufacturer, the cups were sold with spoons (not those you show) and are intended for ice cream or other desserts - similar sets were made by other companies as well.

Is the "ST. Marten" (would expect the spelling to be 'St. Maarten' or 'St. Martin') spoon marked 'Italy'? The other twelve spoons are inexpensive Italian souvenirs with the symbols of various locations...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/6-vintage-eberle-silver-desert-bowls-or-cups

~Cheryl

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    komokwa likes this.
  4. Brynne

Brynne Member

The St. Marten spoon does say "Italy" on the bottom. Thanks for the information. Still not a bad buy for $12.50, i think. Any idea age of bowls and or spoons?

5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Hunhhh, guess the Italian maker thought they'd combine the names for both sides...

Doubt any are earlier than mid 20th century.

~Cheryl

komokwa likes this.