Featured Singer cast iron stand age?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Rayo56, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    I found a wooden stand that was built around a cast iron SINGER sewing machine base and figured I'll turn it into a Scroll Saw stand.
    Tore the wooden frame off of it before I took pics of the whole - stupid me, but hammer in hand I was going for it. The front had some neet hand painted notes and lines like a music sheet that I kept and will put back together for a wall hanger - Any ideas on the frame's age is my question!
    I found an older Grizzly Scroll Saw last week (A POS that is being refurbished back to 1994 when it was made ) so combining these two will be fun! 000_4737.jpg 000_4750.jpg 000_4751.jpg 000_4748.jpg 000_4752.jpg 000_4747.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I think there are a lot of Terrific Singer coffee or end tables in the world now because of people rescuing them!!! I think they make great decorative AND conversation pieces!! Have seen butcher block tops put on them too!! AND this site looks like it's YOURS.....the word "MANFG" ISN'T a regular spelling from what I can see....not "MFG".....but I didn't see an age, although I think it's late 1800's.....VERY cool!!!! Is there no treadle with it???? That would be super cool!!!!

http://ancientpoint.com/inf/126707-...ine_cast_iron_base__table_legs__restored.html

3. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

No nothing except what the pics show - "That's the ballgame folks" - But it seems sturdy enough to use it as a project!

Damn, after looking at the pics you sent in the page I'd a loved to have it complete! :)

4. Aquitaine

judy and Rayo56 like this.
  5. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Would be fun to return it to working condition but just needs too many parts, plus there was something cut off of it that I haven't figured out yet. :(

judy likes this.
  6. Aquitaine

:):):)Naaaah, just a fun table!!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Rayo56 likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I have my grandmother's old treadle sewing machine though it's a White not a Singer. It's from the 1920's I believe so newer that one might think. I assume that living in rural Idaho they may not have had electricity at the time or chose not to use it for sewing.

judy likes this.
  8. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Those who responded THANKS - Got the top on and have to get a few more parts to bolt the Scroll Saw down and operating! Like @Aquitaine says - "A fun table" !!!!!!!

000_4778.jpg

say_it_slowly and judy like this.
  9. Silverlining

Silverlining Member

My 1922 singer machine has "Singer" written in metal between the two frames. My 1891 machine doesn't. Although there are hundreds of different designs....

Rayo56 and judy like this.
  10. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

And rebuilt the painting that was on the front wood slats and threw a coat of urethane on - now I can hang it on the barn wall - :)

000_4791.jpg

Bakersgma and Silverlining like this.
  11. Silverlining

Silverlining Member

Wow, that's lovely, even though it's dark wood it's very cheerful!

Rayo56 likes this.
  12. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

That works though......... The barn walls are bright with white paint and has fluorescent fixtures for lighting!

Silverlining likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted