Featured Sleepy Hollow, Leather, 1899 – Value?

Discussion in 'Books' started by elizabeth22, Sep 27, 2016.

1. elizabeth22

elizabeth22 New Member

Hello,

Any insight, feedback would be greatly appreciated as to the value of this book. It's Rip Van Winkle and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving – Reprint by the Century Co. in New York, 1899 – Leather-bound with gilt-edge pages. Introduction to Rip Van Winkle by Joseph Jefferson.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks so much for your interest and your help with this!

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    You should get a lot of help with this!
    I intend to go there soon too!
    :)
    Great photos!

komokwa likes this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Here are two listings from people trying to sell copies of this book. Remember, their asking price doesn't mean that the book is really valued at that. They haven't sold it yet!

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...lyadded=all&sortby=17&sts=t&tn=rip+van+winkle

In case you didn't know, Joseph Jefferson was a famous 19th-century actor and Rip Van Winkle was one of his most famous roles. There are lots of photos out there of him posing in costume in the role of Rip Van Winkle. Are there any photographs or other illustrations in the book?

Oh, and welcome to Antiquers, Elizabeth!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  4. elizabeth22

elizabeth22 New Member

Thanks so much for taking the time to research and reply - much appreciated!

I was not aware of the Jefferson connection - fascinating - I'll have to look into that. It's a beautiful book, very interesting. There are a couple illustrations, very detailed.

Thanks again my friend!

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted