Sligh Desk

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by TroyB, Aug 1, 2018.

1. TroyB

TroyB New Member

Hello... I recently bought a Sligh Centennial edition desk that I am restoring. It is missing the leather drawer slides, key and booklet.
    I'm looking into having slides made, as I doubt I could find them.
    However, if anyone has one of these, I would pay to have the key (and perhaps booklet) copied and sent to me. I cannot find a suitable blank to have one made, and to have it cast is very expensive.
    If anyone can help, please contact me.
    Thank you.

judy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

if we saw what they looked like....it might help jog a memory or two...! ;):):)

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Here is what I found …..

"In 1980, a special Chippendale mahogany Sligh Centennial Desk and Trend 100 Centennial Clock were created, each in limited editions of 1,880, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the original Sligh Furniture Co."

Source:

http://www.furniturecityhistory.org/company/3822/sligh-charles-r-cosligh-furnit

Consequently, I would think the paperwork that came with your desk would be unique to your piece. Perhaps Sligh could provide you with a copy should you have the number of your desk. As for the key, I would think it also unique to your desk. A copy of one from another desk will not necessarily fit yours.

Sligh is now part of Lexington Brands. Here is their website:

https://www.lexington.com/collections/sligh

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  4. TroyB

TroyB New Member

5. Frank Wilkie

Frank Wilkie New Member

I have my grandfathers “Trend 100 Centennial Clock” he bought new back in the 80s. I have all the paperwork but no receipt. I wish he had registered it and had his name out on the nameplate. Is there any way this company would know when this clock was purchased! I would love to get my grandfathers name put on the plate.

judy likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

U should make a new thread for this......it'll get lost here..

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted