Featured Small Bone Box - Origin? Purpose?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KikoBlueEyes, Dec 7, 2019.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I want a Norwegian Forest cat!(LOL)

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Why ?, do u have a Sleigh ?? :happy::happy::happy:

3. shallow_ocean_spectre

shallow_ocean_spectre fine.books' bumping squirrel

@evelyb30 - QUICK! SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS BEFORE HE GETS HUNGRY AGAIN!!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I have a fur addiction problem. I used to be owned by a Maine Coon and every once in a while the long-haired giant cat jones wants to be fed.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

gotta luv a Maine Coon !!!!:happy::happy:

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Old pics from the 80s, sadly he is no longer with us.
    Himself in all his Norwegian beauty. Silly look on his face, of course he fits in a matchbox!

upload_2019-12-10_12-55-36.jpeg

Giving me his best Cata Hari look:

upload_2019-12-10_12-57-32.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  7. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Love. Love. Love him. Gorgeous markings and color and that tail! Bittersweet they live such shorter lives than ours. Amazing that basket remained on the table and he squeezed himself into that small space. I can see the matchbox!

8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

You are not alone!.
    I stash things and then can't find them as Any Jewellery and Jivvy will confirm (would you like this?......well, you can have it once I've found it....)
    I love it when you open a long stashed box and it's like a voyage of discovery all over again. Especially when I have hidden stuff so well from Mr KSW that it remains AWOL for years :hilarious:.

Talking of which, I haven't seen @Jivvy on here recently. Hope alls ok and I've just missed her posts.

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Reminds me of packing up a large box when leaving college. Marked the box fragile and valuable. Moved that box from Penn to California back to Penn and then to New Jersey and then to NY. Moved that box at least six times. I finally opened it in the late 1970s from when it was packed in 1961. It contained the night stand from my college days and was empty. Have no idea why I moved it so many times.
    greg

10. KikoBlueEyes

What a moment of consternation that must have been to find this box that you had moved and stored so many times held something of minimal value to you 9 years later. Now that is a great box story.

11. KikoBlueEyes

I checked and her last post was on Thanksgiving day.

12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

@Any Jewelry have you heard from Jivvy?. Hope she's ok and just recharging her powers.

Any Jewelry and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  13. Any Jewelry

I just sent her a message. I hope she is ok.

KSW likes this.
  14. Any Jewelry

:kiss:
    That was where he always sat when I came home.:happy: It was an antique demi-lune in the hallway.
    He was always very careful. He even walked among Chinese porcelain, literally pussy-footing, holding his tail high and arching his back a little so his belly fur wouldn't touch the porcelain.
    The much smaller Siamese (-ish) tabby was a different story.:rolleyes: She spent her early years climbing the curtains, breaking things, etc. She was very sweet though.
    They were great friends, the big Norwegian let her play with his tail and when he got bored with it, he just put one paw on her head and gently pushed it to the floor. His time out sign. Then they would curl up together as a two-headed ball of fluff in a one cat basket.:cat:

15. KikoBlueEyes

How adorable is that. I can him in my mind's eye, a gentle giant amongst your delicate things and an indulgent brother to his pipsqueak sister. Lovely story. Thank you. :kiss:

Any Jewelry, KSW and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted