Featured Small Brumm enamel over copper dish - Is this a Chickadee?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bercrystal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I picked this up at the local GW recently because I recognized the signature on the back. BTW if you do not know about this artist check out the eBay sold listings. :happy::happy:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...mel+&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16

It is only 4 1/8" across. The problem is there are multiple different designs with Chickadees which is what I thought this bird looked like but I can not find another like this one. So I just used the word bird as my key search word but still struck out. So do you all think this is a Chickadee?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::happy::happy::happy:

2. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I would call it a Chickadee..BTW--it's cute.:D

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Chickadee.

Debora

chickadee.jpg

4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Yep, a chickadee.

BTW, your link just goes to the eBay site, not to sold listing for the artist.

5. wiscbirddog

So what is the artist name? Not real clear for me from your picture.

6. wiscbirddog

Well, duh, guess I should read your title. LOL

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  7. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Adorable. I would also say chickadee.

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  8. bercrystal

Thanks to everyone!! :kiss::kiss:

It looks quite chubby & somewhat annoyed doesn't he? ;):playful::playful: :hilarious:

I agree. :happy:

I hate when eBay does this!! :arghh::arghh::arghh:

I learned about this artist a few years back when one of his bird sculptures turned up at the auction house. I believe it was a Wren & ended up selling it for a very nice profit. :D:D

That's okay. The cold up in your neck of the woods is likely slowing you down just a bit. ;):p:playful::playful::playful::playful:

Thanks!! :happy::happy:

Chickadee it is!! :D:D:D

9. wiscbirddog

Another name (company) to watch for, in enamel on copper, is Bovano. Often only has a sticker on it, but they do well on eBay.

10. bercrystal

I always check out the enamel over copper pieces especially the well-done ones. They don't always bring big money but are still a fairly reliable seller especially when nabbed at a low price like this one that I paid a whole 71 cents for because it was seniors day. :smug::smug:

11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Pretty positive it says “Brumm”......HAHAHAHA!!!!! AND I DID NOT READ THE TITLE, EITHER!!!!! Duhhhh! I kind of thought it looked like a very simple and early little Max Karp.....so serves me right too for not reading title!!!!!!!

bercrystal, ulilwitch and wiscbirddog like this.
  12. marthahill

marthahill Active Member

Called a black capped chickadee !!

anundverkaufen and bercrystal like this.
  13. bercrystal

I have done the same thing myself. ;):happy::happy::kiss:

Thanks!! :happy::happy:

ulilwitch likes this.
  14. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Not my style per say but the plates and dishes have a lot of charm, I like them. There’s almost a slight Japanese feel to some, like the one below. Good find and thanks for sharing. I’m finding the thrift stores totally devoid of anything good the last couple times I’ve gone. More donations than I’ve ever seen outside and that fact was verified by employees but shelves only half full of pure junk.
    379A7366-5A73-4A72-B919-74A651E6D45A.jpeg

Figtree3, ulilwitch and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted