Featured Small Game/Prize Depicting Frog With Pipe & Rifle

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Anybody have any idea of what this is? My first thought is Cracker Jack Toy but I really have no idea. About the size of a half dollar.

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

Toy frog game with pipe and rifle 1.jpg Toy frog game with pipe and rifle 2.jpg Toy frog game with pipe and rifle 3.jpg

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Are there little holes for the balls to go into?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I don't think there is. Not a very entertaining toy?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

Maybe you roll the balls around the inside rim - like an early pinball machine.

Joe2007 and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

6. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

Maybe it is, but without more research we wouldn't be quite so certain in assuming the antique piece is a Cracker Jack item. Can't say it's worth the time and effort, but if you want to be sure about it you should consult Larry White, the Foremost Authority on Cracker Jack prizes [ http://www.larrywhite2.com/LWcjbook.html ].

Just as an aside, few realize that a 1913 lawsuit involving a door-to-door salesman, a grumpy farmer, and an aggressive rural sheriff, over prizes in boxes of Cracker Jacks' forerunner / rival, Checkers Popcorn Confection, eventually resulted in the creation of truth in labelling / pure food and drug legislation in the US...

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

no I didn't know that! Thanks!

I tend to think it's Cracker Jack toy too. BaseballGames has a great suggestion, @Joe2007

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted