Small older ceramic clay pitcher, name stamped on base ....burg??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Can anyone make out the name on this? Little pitcher, approx 2" high. Has a stamp from the pottery.

creamer5.jpg creamer2b.jpg creamer3.jpg

kyratango and i need help like this.
  2. Lucille.b

Ah... think I just got it looking at my own photos. Maybe "Williamsburg Pottery?" What do you think?

3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Yes!!!!

And I am thrilled that you posted this. I swear that I have the exact same little pitcher (completely different color glaze, though) that was my mom's.

And I could never sort where it came from (it does not have the stamp on the bottom).

I hope that tomorrow, in the light of day, I can find it and do a real comparison.

I can tell you exactly where I kept it in my former home, but we moved four years ago and things still haven't found their proper places.:shame:

4. Jivvy

*grumble*

It's entirely possible I already gave this away.

Will post if it ever turns up. Seems unlikely (a lot of "stuff" went "away" in the aforementioned move).

Lucille.b and i need help like this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi
    As soon as I saw the the little pot I said Williamsburg even without looking at the bottom.
    greg

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I think that some of the Williamsburg pottery was actually made in NC, some by Cole I think (but didn't double check that). Not sure about yours.

7. Lucille.b

Thanks for taking a look. The only thing I noticed is that this one is marked differently than most, kind of in a circle around the rim. I wonder how to see if NC. Would that increase value a lot?

i need help likes this.
  8. Jivvy

Finally found mine (was looking for something else, of course).

20191025_192116_compress44.jpg 20191025_192126_compress75.jpg

9. Lucille.b

Oh, you found it! Cute! :happy:

Jivvy likes this.
  10. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Jivvy, anundverkaufen and kyratango like this.
  11. DragonflyWink

I have such a weakness for that drippy glaze, those colors just please me, even though I usually try to limit my pottery to blues, greens, and neutrals (one of mine, a Rebecca jug maybe, has a rubber-stamped original price, less than a dollar)...

~Cheryl

Jivvy and kyratango like this.
  12. Jivvy

Thank you. My mother did enough arts and crafts in college (with talent) that I wondered if it was one of her bits...

But she always claimed to be rubbish at the wheel, so I thought not - because it's so sweet. :joyful:

DragonflyWink likes this.
  13. DragonflyWink

My other similar Cole pieces are packed away, but dug this little jug out of Mom's stuff - she said it came from a Stuckey's, filled with honey, and was always surprised that I liked it so much...

~Cheryl

927201975931.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted