Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
small yellow glass bowl
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="SBSVC, post: 211284, member: 136"]I have a small, pale yellow bowl (much paler than the photos suggest,) and I'm just wondering what it is.</p><p><br /></p><p>It's the narrow, horizontal "ribbing" around the bowl that I find curious. (Would this be called threading, or is that something different?) You can feel each "rib" that circles the bowl.</p><p><br /></p><p>The bowl measures 4 <font size="4">1/2"</font> across the top, 2 <font size="4">1/2"</font> tall, and 1 <font size="4">3/4"</font> across the base. The glass is actually quite thin and has a nice "ring" when flicked.</p><p><br /></p><p>There are no markings. What <i>looks</i> like a marking (I've circled it in one photo) is <u>not</u> one - it's a tiny nick on the underside, "matched" with a tiny scratch on the inside.</p><p><br /></p><p>I've tried to show where what I thought might be threading seems to start on the bottom.</p><p><br /></p><p>Any ideas would be appreciated.</p><p><br /></p><p>Thanks!</p><p>[ATTACH=full]61821[/ATTACH]</p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]61823[/ATTACH] </p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]61824[/ATTACH] </p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]61825[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="SBSVC, post: 211284, member: 136"]I have a small, pale yellow bowl (much paler than the photos suggest,) and I'm just wondering what it is. It's the narrow, horizontal "ribbing" around the bowl that I find curious. (Would this be called threading, or is that something different?) You can feel each "rib" that circles the bowl. The bowl measures 4 [SIZE=4]1/2"[/SIZE] across the top, 2 [SIZE=4]1/2"[/SIZE] tall, and 1 [SIZE=4]3/4"[/SIZE] across the base. The glass is actually quite thin and has a nice "ring" when flicked. There are no markings. What [I]looks[/I] like a marking (I've circled it in one photo) is [U]not[/U] one - it's a tiny nick on the underside, "matched" with a tiny scratch on the inside. I've tried to show where what I thought might be threading seems to start on the bottom. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! [ATTACH=full]61821[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]61823[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]61824[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]61825[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
small yellow glass bowl
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...