Sniff out the silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Sep 20, 2019.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

I'll definitely do that cxgirl, and thank you for the recommendation. This one is "farm fresh", technically the item isn't even mine yet. I paid, but the seller promised to ship the item tomorrow to me.

komokwa, Bronwen and cxgirl like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will be fine, just a tip if you are out in the wild and come across some:)

kyratango, Bronwen and MrNate like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Is the HOUSE even still there Greg?????

MrNate and Bronwen like this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Aquitaine,
    I looked on Google and the house is still there. Can you imagine someone walking up to your house and saying "I lived here 50 years and I hid some gold and silver in a bedroom floor. I would like to rip up your carpeting and recover my treasures.":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

komokwa, judy, MrNate and 2 others like this.
  5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Greg, you DO realize that this is one of those "Could only happen to Greg," situations.

komokwa, Bronwen, judy and 1 other person like this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The house I am talking about was in a great neighborhood. The actor Michael Landon moved his parents there from Collingswood NJ. I used to see
    Michael cutting his parents grass when he would visit. Such a nice Jewish boy.
    They lived across the street. The neighborhood was so weird. You could have a swimming pool but your property had to have a 6 ft fence around it. Unfortunately you were NOT allowed to have any fence higher than 4 ft since it was considered a spite fence. Thus no pools allowed. The house was built in 1870. When we bought it I tore off the aluminium siding and the asphalt siding and restored the original wood siding. I stripped off the 12 coats of white paint on the woodwork inside. Got the house back on the historic district and on the district tour of homes. Of course the people who bought the house after the divorce put up vinyl siding and painted the woodwork white again. Oh well.
    greg

7. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Hi my name is “George” and I’m from the historical rug preservation department and I also do termite inspections. We scanned your house last week and there appears to be an anomaly in one of your rooms. I’m going to need to look at that room, shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes.

F60E4718-CC15-4A00-A7C7-A020AE9CBE0D.jpeg

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

You'll never get the stuff... but you could tell the new owners where it is and dollars to donuts the pull out their own wall to wall to go looking. For a gold Dunhill I darned well would!

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you'd sniff it out in no time flat !!!!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Draft saved Draft deleted