Featured Soda Fountain Syrup Dispenser

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by glasslampguy, Feb 28, 2017.

1. glasslampguy

glasslampguy New Member

Would appreciate any help in identifying the attached syrup dispenser. It has absolutely no markings and I have researched the books I have with no luck and also contacted a fellow collector to no avail. Hoping someone is of the age where they might recall seeing one of the same? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy, cxgirl and KingofThings like this.
  2. leeddie

leeddie Well-Known Member

Welcome

Edit please to FULL IMAGE

Thank You!!

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

No size posted,but it looks like a juice dispenser and not a syrup dispenser.

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Actually I think it is an orange syrup dispenser.
    Look at the glass (sorry I'm tired, so I'm probably using the wrong words)

1. is the outside orange peel
    2. is the inside section
    3. is the peel cut and pulled back from the section.
    upload_2017-2-28_23-23-1.png

From everything I was looking at on line, there were numerous different orange syrups. Wards, Mission Orange, Orange Crush, So.Cas.Soda., Orangeade, etc.

The jadite looks different.
    I'm wondering if this might be English in origin.

5. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Good eyes, Clutter! I've looked at this a good 1/2 dozen times trying to figure out the pattern/design of the tank/holder with no luck. You are no doubt right. There are several glass orange syrup dispensers online having an orange design shape. Most of them have advertisements on them. Here is an example. It has a glass whole unpeeled orange textured globe/tank with advertisements on the black glass base.
    https://www.southwestspiritantiques.com/dynapage/IP1367.htm

I wonder if this dispenser once had something like stickers across the flat rectangular shape on the base behind the spout/facet.

DispenserBase.jpg

Have included a pic of the whole dispenser for those viewing on phones, etc... I have taken the liberty resizing it so won't be tooooo big for a message. It was originally
    Dimensional-wise: 768px wide X 1024px high
    Now: 361px wide X 550px high
    Weight-wise: 144 KB
    Now: 62 KB

--- Susan

Dispenser.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Christmasjoy, cxgirl and Bakersgma like this.
  6. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

7. glasslampguy

glasslampguy New Member

Thank you all for the replies. I knew, despite all of Milt's instructions, that I would screw up the pic sizing. Sorry for that. I appreciate the input and will continue to follow up. I have looked at 1000's of images, stumped several collectors of soda fountain items and just haven't found anything with the jadiete glass base, nor the top design for that matter. Clearly a label was on the base....just have to figure out which one. Again....thanks. Gary

Christmasjoy and cxgirl like this.
  8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Just a thought,but after looking at quite a few dispensers Im wondering if this base originally went with something else and they "married" it? The ones you see online seem to have much wider bases.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. glasslampguy

glasslampguy New Member

I believe it to be original to the top. The base itself actually appears to be a tree with and log cuts showing the rings...very tough to capture in a pic.

Draft saved Draft deleted