Some more Church Sale booty swag...not anything special but NICE!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Don't know when the big traveling show was in different places. It was at the Met in New York in 1976. There are a ton of Tut inspired items bought in their gift shop on the market. They are always clearly marked MMA. Think the museums all make a point of marking, but no doubt others made such pieces.

There was a smaller traveling Tut show in the mid- 1960s. Saw that one; saw the line for tickets to the 76 show, friend & I decided not worth it.

That's because we're cousins. :happy:

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Earlier than I thought, having looked. 1972 at the BM here.

BoudiccaJones and Bronwen like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Oh...that was great Sci-Fi....I taped every show !
    The 1st ugly black spider like spaceship they went up against...and destroyed....I was cheering like a cheerleader !!! :woot::woot::woot:
    I still have a Molari bookmark on my corkboard !

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  4. komokwa

:happy::happy::happy:......I've been known to do that !

BoudiccaJones and Bronwen like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Best way to watch B5. The special effects haven't always aged well, but you can't beat the writing.

Bronwen likes this.
  6. komokwa

the acting is pretty good too......

Bronwen likes this.
  7. evelyb30

I still have my cast photo displayed in my sewing room.

komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

I helped run the largest ever B5 con. And got on the set a few times: watched Boxleitner and Melissa Gilbert filming Z'ha'dum. (All the while going ARRRRGGGG! in my head. )

For some reason, it was always bigger as a show over here than in the US. And, we actually got episodes BEFORE you guys did. This meant I mailed about 30 tapes a week across the pond at one point.

There's been talk of redoing the CGI, but I say leave it be. The writing is still so astonishingly current, too.

Mind you, it was Intersections in Real Time last night. That took a few malt whiskies to cope with.

komokwa likes this.
  9. komokwa

upload_2018-3-21_20-40-19.png

that's creepy as a mutha.....

10. evelyb30

I think they based it on a black widow spider, but without the spiders cute appealing good looks.

Oddly, science fiction series have always done better in the UK than the United States, even when they originated here. The same thing happened with NextGen and I have a feeling Battlestar Galactica. The reboot anyway; the original was best used for punchlines.

RE: Intersections in Real Time. I've watched that two or three times, and if possible each time it gets harder to see. I wrote Joe Stracynski on one of the fan forums that if it didn't get an Emmy the game was rigged. It didn't even get nominated. Thus ended any respect I ever had for those industry awards.

11. komokwa

anyone know where the female Dr Who is ???...or when..

12. evelyb30

Jodie Whittaker. She was on Broadchurch with David Tennant. When is a good question; they've monkeyed with the schedule.

13. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

That's actually made my day...thank you Cuz <3 xx

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  14. BoudiccaJones

I really didn't realsie that King T's things were paraded up and down the world...I would like to have seen it though. Not the same seeing a fascimilie but wouldn't say no to that either

15. BoudiccaJones

Oh and as an aside...I need to get this book but cheaply :D

I had it as a child ( I hope it's still in the attic but you would not BELIEVE the amount of kerap I have in there :O :O ) and I loved it. I need to read it again.

If anyone hears of a cheap copy anywhere ( quite why any of you would, just hoping!)

[​IMG]

16. komokwa

& there's the shift in the collectables market....
    younger folks are looking for the stuff they had as kids......

17. Ownedbybear

I think the darker SF shows do better here than the US. We like our drama like that.

I'm boggled that Intersections never even got nominated for a Hugo. Mind you, Severed Dreams won, and that's another favourite of mine. I've just watched the one after Intersections twice. ;)

18. BoudiccaJones

Look what I found today in charity shop! Co-incidence...or...more?!
    [​IMG]

kyratango, komokwa and Christmasjoy like this.
  19. evelyb30

You never know; some really good pieces do get ignored. This show was pretty well ignored entirely in the States; it got bounced around by a few networks too. Sad, but true.

Draft saved Draft deleted