Featured Something bad just happened...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Redbaron9011, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Redbaron9011

Redbaron9011 You can call me Marco

I accidentally fell in love with something I found in a thrift shop. Now the biggest problem is that I don't know if this is a certain style I'm not aware of, or that it's just some home made pottery.

Something on the bottem can be seen as a mark or it's just waste of making it.

It's a mystery to me, but hopefully not a private investigation. IMG_3484.jpg IMG_3485.jpg IMG_3488.jpg IMG_3487.jpg

2. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Whatever it is it has a pleasant appearance and would look great as kitchen décor! A lot of stuff is unmarked or had a paper label at one time.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Oh, Redbaron, I am so very sorry you fell in love with such an unusual and pretty bowl.:hilarious: Is that decoration a leek?
    I hope someone will recognize it.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Quite eye catching. Can see why it would catch yours. Hope someone will be able to solve mystery.

Debora

Bronwen and Redbaron9011 like this.
  5. Redbaron9011

Who knows!! Could be seaweed aswell.

6. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

7. Redbaron9011

Haha funny thing is that Medusa was in fact something that came in my mind.. Matches my tattoo XD

Still curious if someone can tell the period and style if there is any

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

My reaction was celery that got a permanent wave. I like it.

9. Any Jewelry

:hilarious:
    Rare Medusa celery or Medusa leek with a permanent wave?

I'm sorry, Redbaron, we all like it, but it does evoke all these fun images.

10. Redbaron9011

"Dear diary, today I got bought by a guy who thought I look like a seaweed bowl, his friends thought I maybe am a Medusa celery bowl.. Although they all liked me, they continued to make fun of me. It was a bad day:( "

komokwa, kyratango, judy and 3 others like this.
  11. aaroncab

12. Bronwen

It was a bad hair day. :D

komokwa, Bakersgma, kyratango and 4 others like this.
  13. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Celery, I see corn stalks, but I didn't sleep well last night.

Bakersgma, Any Jewelry, judy and 3 others like this.
  14. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

The bowl is probably just grateful to get out of the thrift store alive and in one piece. Lots of stuff isn't so lucky. Here in the U.S. we have stores called Goodwill Outlets or Bins where all of the stuff they can't sell in their regular stores goes to be sold by weight on the cheap. There are giant heaping piles of stuff in these places and new bins are constantly being wheeled in and swapped out for the older ones that have been picked over. After that anything that can't be profitably recycled goes to the dump. There is so much stuff out there with boomers downsizing that it is an incredibly tsunami of stuff coming in.

komokwa, judy, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  15. Redbaron9011

Sounds awfull, in our stores they put date labels on it, whenever the date goes by, the item goes for 50% off!

16. Any Jewelry

Do you get that a lot when you don't sleep well, see corn stalks?:writer: Do they talk to you at all?:nurse:

17. pearlsnblume

Yes, they talk but say to keep it a secret so I can not share. LOL

18. aaroncab

"Tomorrow we will appear to you on a bowl. That is the signal. Wait for further instructions."

19. Bronwen

Corn can be so a-mazing.

20. pearlsnblume

LOL
    corn requires buttering up before they give up a kernel of good info.

Draft saved Draft deleted