Sorry for the down time

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Peter T Davis, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Great! I'll make sure to use this site as a reference when I need to impress someone. :bag:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

both reported

Christmasjoy, komokwa and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

reported

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

reported

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

and again

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

reported

Christmasjoy and Figtree3 like this.
  7. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Twice can't hurt. ;)

9. komokwa

make that thrice..........this shouldn't be up this long !

10. Newbie47

Newbie47 New Member

Peter, hello. I am new and was sent a message by you to post in introductions, but I do not have permission yet, nor can I respond to your message to me. Help!! Thanks.

11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

@daveydempsey may be able to help you when he comes on board.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

One of the pieces of advice that is often given is to check your email spam folder to see if the "permission" message went there. That isn't always the problem but has stopped some people in the past. Meanwhile, we can wait for daveydempsey (or one of the other moderators, if they know what to do). Peter rarely visits here, so you may not hear from him. But they can contact him if necessary.

13. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I can't help you, but you must fully read the Registration confirmation post in the Support And Testing section of the forum.

i need help and Figtree3 like this.
  14. Figtree3

15. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Figtree3 likes this.
  16. Figtree3

Ah -- That's right, that is one of the forums that can only be seen by registered members.

Here is the text of it, written by daveydempsey.

"The forum software automatically sends the request for email confirmation when a new member registers. And if that member ask that another request for confirmation be sent to them because they didn't get the 1st one, then the software automatically sends you another one. Point is - the emails are sent !

But here's the issue - if you didn't get the 1st one, you're not going to get any others either. And this applies to everyone who has this problem.

What happens is this. The emails are being sent to you, but they are simply not getting to you. Why ? There are several possible reasons.
    1 - the emails may be in your SPAM folder.
    2 - your email provider may be blocking emails from Antiquers because they think the emails are SPAM.
    3 - the email program (software) that you use may be blocking emails from Antiquers because that program thinks the emails are SPAM.
    4 - you may inadvertently be the reason yourself because of the settings you are using on your email program.
    5 - it may be the anti-virus or security software you are using, and or the settings you chose when you set that program up.

Any and all of these may be the reason the emails do not get to you. And not a single one of them have anything to do with Antiquers, nor can the Antiquers staff do anything to correct the problem because quite simply - we do not have any control over any of that.

The only person who can fix the problem is you, the member, the person who is having the problem. And if the problem is being caused by reason #2 or #3 even you can't fix it because you don't have any control over those. But you can fix the problem if any of the other 3 are the cause. And no, I can't help you figure it out - only you have ability to figure it out because only you have access to all the settings you have to check to be able to figure it out.

But what you can do is this - you can choose to use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo - they all work. Members who use them do not have problems getting emails from Antiquers.

And if you don't like having more than 1 email address to check every day well that's pretty easy to manage too. Just have emails sent to your new email address forwarded to the email address you like to use. Then all your emails end up in one place."

i need help likes this.
  17. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Reported spam posting.

komokwa likes this.
  18. komokwa

19. JunkshopJim

JunkshopJim Active Member

I can no longer access the site on my mobile phone or tablet. I just get an error message in my browser stating that the site is not secure and that the SSL cert has expired. SO here I am living life on the edge...

20. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

@JunkshopJim , those of us who are foolish enough to ignore the security warnings are hiding out on this thread:;)

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/expired-security-certificate.72280/

Draft saved Draft deleted