Featured Spaghetti Cats

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by catsandtats6, Dec 3, 2017.

1. catsandtats6

catsandtats6 Member

Thank you so much for the information! I have done research and have had a difficult time figuring out exactly where they came from. This helps tremendously.

2. catsandtats6

catsandtats6 Member

All of the ones I have are either marked with 'Italy' or 'Made in Italy'. There are a few that have nothing marked. It's really nice to see other people taking an interest in them like me!

3. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Ironically, today I spotted this collection of spaghetti poodles at an antique shop ;)
    20171208_130654.jpg

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Now, THOSE, I remember! The cats? Not so much...

KingofThings, judy and Barn Owl like this.
  5. catsandtats6

catsandtats6 Member

My dad has a huge collection of those he got from his mother, probably about 200 of them, it's how I got started on the cats! I didn't even know the cats existed until I happened to see one at an antique store in Ohio- my collection is nowhere near the size of his, I probably have about 40 cats and that's from collecting for two years!

pearlsnblume and KingofThings like this.
  6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

They scare me so they won’t be around here long. ;)

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you're off to a good start !!!

catsandtats6 and KingofThings like this.
  8. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

spagghet cat lamp 2.jpg spaggetti cat lamp 3.jpg @catsandtats6 I have a spaghetti cat lamp on my radar that is for sale if you want info. Seller is asking $175.00 and is on Facebook. Seems like a nice lady. I can introduce you if you are interested in feeling things out. The spot on the back of the head is the "Made in Italy" sticker. She just listed it in an antique sales group I am in so I don't know how much interest it will generate but you might try making her a reasonable offer.
    spagghetti cat lamp 1.jpg

9. Tom Mackay

Tom Mackay Well-Known Member

It's amazing what one can learn on these Forums !

10. Steph Gaunt

Steph Gaunt New Member

11. Steph Gaunt

Steph Gaunt New Member

[​IMG]
    I have just created a FB Group - Collecting Spaghetti cats and poodles. Please join if you like/collect these Italian cats and poodles - I have a large collection!

See here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2182921925142286/

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    pearlsnblume and moreotherstuff like this.
  12. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Steph, since this thread is 2 years old I'm going to tag the OP in case she is still around.

@catsandtats6

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  13. catsandtats6

catsandtats6 Member

Hello!

I unfortunately do not have a Facebook account. But, I read the article and I’m happy to know that my thread inspired others that collect them! Even though I currently have about 60 cats there are still a handful that I don’t have and nowadays they are even more scarce than they ever were before. I have about a dozen with the umbrellas and different sweaters. If you ever come across these ones or know anybody who has them to sell please reach me here, I’m willing to pay the big $$$.

spaghetticat1.jpg SpaghettiCat2.jpg spaghetticat3.jpg spaghetticat9.jpg
    spaghetticat5.jpg

Thank you.

moreotherstuff and SBSVC like this.
  14. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

You certainly have a grand collection Catsandtats. Good luck in your continued search!

catsandtats6 likes this.
  15. Landers

Landers New Member

20200101_162719.jpg

Hi there. What a pretty collection you have. If anyone is interested, I'd like to sell this figurine if interested. We inherited it from our aunt a long time ago. She did a lot of travelling and probably bought it over in Italy in the 1950s. Here's a photo of it. As you can see, there is a piece of the ear that's broken off, but could be fixed by a ceramic artist, but otherwise in very good condition. 20200101_162719.jpg 20200101_162719.jpg

catsandtats6 likes this.
  16. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Hi Landers & welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy:

If you would like to advertise your piece for sale we have a specific section for just that. It is toward the bottom of the list of forums.

You may also want to private message these members using the inbox link at the top right side of the page. Use the start a conversation link & their member ID to send them information or just a link to the thread in the sell section.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  17. catsandtats6

catsandtats6 Member

Hello and thank you! I already have a cat like that one but I’m sure you’ll find him a nice home. :cat:

18. Landers

Landers New Member

Thank you for letting me know. Take care.

19. Landers

Landers New Member

Thanks so much for letting me know.

20. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

You have another Van Gogh spaghetti cat...lol

catsandtats6 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted