Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Spanish or Portuguese Surreal Artist Identification
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Scott Schultz, post: 524275, member: 7821"]Attached are a few images of a 1981 lithograph that I own. I am looking for help in identifying the artist. I am not able to read the signature shown. The title looks to be something along the lines of "Los Pescadores de XXXX 2" which could either be Spanish or Portuguese. I can't identify exactly what the "XXXX" translates to. The style is similar to a few things that I've seen by Dali, but obviously it's not a Dali. It's obviously also not a one-off since it's part of an edition of 100, and it looks like it's the second in a series (2). It is also done on a nice, heavy "Veritable Papier D’Arches Paper". Not that it means anything but it's somewhat weird that it was framed in Malyasia. Any and all help is deeply appreciated.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Scott Schultz, post: 524275, member: 7821"]Attached are a few images of a 1981 lithograph that I own. I am looking for help in identifying the artist. I am not able to read the signature shown. The title looks to be something along the lines of "Los Pescadores de XXXX 2" which could either be Spanish or Portuguese. I can't identify exactly what the "XXXX" translates to. The style is similar to a few things that I've seen by Dali, but obviously it's not a Dali. It's obviously also not a one-off since it's part of an edition of 100, and it looks like it's the second in a series (2). It is also done on a nice, heavy "Veritable Papier D’Arches Paper". Not that it means anything but it's somewhat weird that it was framed in Malyasia. Any and all help is deeply appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Spanish or Portuguese Surreal Artist Identification
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...