Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Spanish or Portuguese Surreal Artist Identification
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Scott Schultz, post: 524345, member: 7821"]As I understand it there is also a famous French opera by Georges Bizet titled "Les pêcheurs de perles" which has been done in numerous languages including Portuguese, which translated comes out to "os pescadores de pérolas" which in English translates to "the pearl fishermen", which is possibly somewhat representative of what's occurring in the artwork. I just don't necessarily see the last word on the artwork being "pérolas", though I guess that it could be. You just never know when it comes to an artist's writing...[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Scott Schultz, post: 524345, member: 7821"]As I understand it there is also a famous French opera by Georges Bizet titled "Les pêcheurs de perles" which has been done in numerous languages including Portuguese, which translated comes out to "os pescadores de pérolas" which in English translates to "the pearl fishermen", which is possibly somewhat representative of what's occurring in the artwork. I just don't necessarily see the last word on the artwork being "pérolas", though I guess that it could be. You just never know when it comes to an artist's writing...[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Spanish or Portuguese Surreal Artist Identification
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...