Featured Sparkly Fleur-De-Lis Necklace - Stone\Glass Type?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Dec 19, 2019.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

This is costume jewelry without a maker's mark that I can find, but it has very sparkly stones. Can anyone tell me what kind of stone\glass it is. I think it is an older, modern piece because the earrings are clip and the backs are enclosed, but I don't know for sure. The stone/glass are glued in. The necklace is a choker made of Fleurs-De-Lis and the earrings match. Any information appreciated. IMG_4726.jpg IMG_4732.jpg IMG_4733.JPG IMG_4755.JPG IMG_4751.jpg IMG_4734.JPG IMG_4735.JPG IMG_4739.JPG IMG_4740.JPG IMG_4753.JPG

judy, Any Jewelry, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  2. shallow_ocean_spectre

shallow_ocean_spectre fine.books' bumping squirrel

@KikoBlueEyes - They appear to be Anandalite - or "Anandolyte" if you prefer.

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The rhinestones seem to have an Aurora Borealis Finish, if so they can be no older than 1955. So the set is probably from the 1950s-60s. JMHO :)

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That appears to be a maker's mark in your last photograph. It reads CY.

Debora

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

Great I've never heard of this stone. Thank you very much for this.

judy likes this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

Marie. So you are in the rhinestones camp. This is so helpful. I had no idea they were as old as this. I have heard traces of this description of this Aurora Borealis Finish. So exciting. :):):):)

judy likes this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

judy and komokwa like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree, AB, and a very pretty set.:)

KikoBlueEyes, Bronwen and judy like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Yes. Yes. Yes !!!!! :) Thank you very much for confirming. This will help me very much in my search for the mysterious CY and to see if I can find something like it. So far nothing has come up remotely like it.

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That textured back looks 1960s to me. I agree on AB stones.

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  11. KikoBlueEyes

OBB. Thanks so much. I am very excited about this set now. I will wear it knowing it has this special AB finish with pride. I appreciate your observation about the back. Each new bit I learn about, adds to my understanding of jewelry of which I know very little. But what I've learned already on this forum resulted in my buying this set (after many mistakes you all didn't see). Thank you again.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I would think 1960s from the clip. And do let us know if you unmask the mysterious CY.

Debora

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  13. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I was wondering about the clip. You will get an update if I find anything. I'm guessing my problem is the Fleurs de Lis, which I'm thinking would be much more a popular design in France. I've tried the French version of EBAY, but nothing yet.

judy likes this.
  14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The Fleur de Lis or Fleur de Lys is used all over Europe and found in many European crests. The name Lys is said to have come from the Flemish river Leie, a romantic part of the world, where you can still see irises (not lilies!).
    Only the gold fleur de lys on a blue ground is French, it used to be gold on white. The other colours are for other parts of Europe or for European family crests.

It was the symbol of Florence, Italy, before it became known as a French symbol.
    https://www.intoflorence.com/history-giglio-florence/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    judy likes this.
  15. KikoBlueEyes

I didn't know any of this. Thank you. I always read your posts with great interest, since I am not very culturally sophisticated. I will have to try a broader net in my search.

Draft saved Draft deleted